how to check for new file

darbid

I am a beginner.

I am developing a simple tool which downloads from a networked folder a number of files to a client.

This was all I needed inorder to trigger the download so far.

If FileGetTime("\\gemeinsameablage\LuTTool.mde",0, 1) > FileGetTime(@ProgramFilesDir & "\LuTTool\LuTTool.mde",0, 1) then

When the file on the network has a newer date then it will ask the user to download the new version. BUT I built into my tool a "NOT NOW" incase they were on a slow connection and did not want to transfer the new files at that moment.

I have since noticed that becasue I am useing a MDE (microsoft access database) file for the trigger and that this MDE file is also what the user will use that once they have used the old MDE it will have a date that is after the one on the server. (this is because at close down the mde is re-created)

How would people suggest that I build in a trigger. I have other files, which are rarely if ever updated. Should I just have one of them as a trigger as well. Then if I want to make sure there is an update made i open and resave one of these files in order to change the date?