"Always on Top"

Drew

Alright so I know this is possible but I can't seem to find any enlightenment throughout the HF. Don't think I'm searching the right queries.

Anyone mind hinting where this little tid bit of info is hidden XD

Edit:

Found it. Figures I'd be 3 letters off -.-

Thank you though! Sad its not working for the window I want however =/. Anyone know an alternate method rather then "WinSetOnTop" flagging?

Edited by Drew

Alright so I know this is possible but I can't seem to find any enlightenment throughout the HF. Don't think I'm searching the right queries.

Anyone mind hinting where this little tid bit of info is hidden XD

Edit:

Found it. Figures I'd be 3 letters off -.-

Thank you though! Sad its not working for the window I want however =/. Anyone know an alternate method rather then "WinSetOnTop" flagging?

You could try _WinAPI_SetWindowPos()

--Kris

Can't get the handle for the window =/.

I was looking at this:

_WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx

Trying to figure out how to use it.

That's a very strange thing to say. Why can't you get the window handle? How are you going to get anything done without being able to get the window handle?

Post what you tried for getting the handle. Something is wrong there.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

The window ignores alot of functions. I'm certain I'm using the correct functions and usage to obtain the information if it were accessible.

So what I'm thinking is creating a GUI and hooking it to the .exe's window... setting the flag to intercept proc's sent to the exe and either allow or deny them.

Not sure if thats all possible , but I was researching in the ol' help-file and came across a few functions that make it appear doable.

Edit:

Wewt. 300 posts :). Just 9,034 before I catch up with you Psalty! Watch it!

Haha.

Edited by Drew

The window ignores alot of functions. I'm certain I'm using the correct functions and usage to obtain the information if it were accessible.

So what I'm thinking is creating a GUI and hooking it to the .exe's window... setting the flag to intercept proc's sent to the exe and either allow or deny them.

Not sure if thats all possible , but I was researching in the ol' help-file and came across a few functions that make it appear doable.

Edit:

Wewt. 300 posts :). Just 9,034 before I catch up with you Psalty! Watch it!

Haha.

I still don't buy it that you can't get the handle of any window that comes up on the desktop.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I didn't say I couldn't get it from ANY window...

I said I can't get the handle of the window I'm trying to keep on top at all times. Thats not hard to believe, as this is quite common. Alot of games and the like refuse such commands.

I didn't say I couldn't get it from ANY window...

I said I can't get the handle of the window I'm trying to keep on top at all times. Thats not hard to believe, as this is quite common. Alot of games and the like refuse such commands.

I meant by that: "I still don't buy it that you can't get the handle of EVERY window that comes up on the desktop. "

But you may be right about games. If this topic was about a game then you should have mentioned that earlier.

I didn't find that to be relevant, as I'm more curious about the window hook method than I am towards this particular project.

But yes, the initial idea was founded upon an idea for a gaming tool.

Being a game topic is relevant for at least two reasons:

1) Technical: Many games don't use the Windows desktop API to draw their windows, and standard Windows APIs are either not applicable or blocked by stuff like GameGuard. That is very relevant to AutoIt automation of such a window.

2) Personal: Some people (a small, grouchy, unpleasant minority that includes myself) have qualms about working on game bots/cheat engines. It's not a banned topic on these forums, just one some users (like me) don't want to get involved in. On the flip side, there are some experts around here who would jump at the chance to work on such a challenge, and they might bring critical insight to the topic if they knew a gaming environment was involved.