Network Manager / Detect Game Console Activity

JohnMC

Ive been working on a script to help me manage my network by automating the change in bandwidth settings in file sharing programs and such...

basicly whenever an event is trigger (like mouse movement) the script will tone down the bandwidth for a set time...

well i would like to make it so that if someone started playing an online ps3/360 game the trigger would be activated... ive thought about performing a routine ping to check if the console is on, but we sometimes leave them on anyway, and it wouldnt help to have the trigger activated for an offline game...

basicly im out of ideas.. i thought if thier was a way to detect ACTIVITY at a certain address then i might have a chance, but i cant find any iformation even close to that.

thanks for any ideas.

Ive been working on a script to help me manage my network by automating the change in bandwidth settings in file sharing programs and such...

basicly whenever an event is trigger (like mouse movement) the script will tone down the bandwidth for a set time...

well i would like to make it so that if someone started playing an online ps3/360 game the trigger would be activated... ive thought about performing a routine ping to check if the console is on, but we sometimes leave them on anyway, and it wouldnt help to have the trigger activated for an offline game...

basicly im out of ideas.. i thought if thier was a way to detect ACTIVITY at a certain address then i might have a chance, but i cant find any iformation even close to that.

thanks for any ideas.

You could use a packet sniffer, not sure if any have been written with autoit yet, but if not i'm sure you could implement a 3rd party one in the background to watch where traffic is headed on your network and optimize based on that. You could probably even have it just check traffic every couple of minutes and leave it running as a service