Searching for a text in a window

judgedk

Hi,

What command/s can be used to search a window for a specified text to see if the window is done loading.

Been looking around theese forum's for some hours now and didnt find anything i could use.

i know how to get the handle and all that, but just need to know where to look if it can be done.

i cant use the _IeLoadWait function cause to actual window is done loading.

All this is caused due to the response time from the Server.

Right now i'm doing this, but i am in the need to find another way to see if the page is done loading.

Do
    $pixelvariable3 = PixelGetColor(420,207)
Until $pixelvariable3 = 16776076

hope someone is understanding what i'm trying to say. :)

Thank You.

- Roy

Hi,

What command/s can be used to search a window for a specified text to see if the window is done loading.

Been looking around theese forum's for some hours now and didnt find anything i could use.

i know how to get the handle and all that, but just need to know where to look if it can be done.

i cant use the _IeLoadWait function cause to actual window is done loading.

All this is caused due to the response time from the Server.

Right now i'm doing this, but i am in the need to find another way to see if the page is done loading.

Do
    $pixelvariable3 = PixelGetColor(420,207)
Until $pixelvariable3 = 16776076

hope someone is understanding what i'm trying to say. :)

Thank You.

- Roy

Have you tried any of the example scripts in the help file for the various _IE* functions? Do you know anything about getting references to the DOM objects in IE and reading the text from them? If you learn a little about these things, you'll be able to watch for a specific object in the page to have a specific value.

You might also get away with just checking the text from _IEBodyReadText() until you find what you want.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law