WinWaitActive problem

Guest Loki980

Guest Loki980

I'm trying to activate Internet Explorer conditional upon a page with "1. " (number 1, period, space) shows up. I'm trying to use the following:

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer", "1. ")

It doesn't work, but the following works:

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer", "1")

This means the text field has a problem with periods. If anyone knows how to fix this, or what I'm doing wrong, or if there's an escape char for text, or if there's a better way to identify when a page is done loading in a browser, let me know.

Thanks.

• Developers

I'm trying to activate Internet Explorer conditional upon a page with "1. " (number 1, period, space) shows up.  I'm trying to use the following:

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer", "1. ")

It doesn't work, but the following works:

WinWaitActive("Internet Explorer", "1")

This means the text field has a problem with periods.  If anyone knows how to fix this, or what I'm doing wrong, or if there's an escape char for text, or if there's a better way to identify when a page is done loading in a browser, let me know.

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Open AU3Info and check if you see "1. " in the window text field.......

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Guest Loki980

Open AU3Info and check if you see "1. " in the window text field.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, it's an ASP page, so what I thought was visible (1. ) isn't actually visible. I could trigger on the "Done" in the status bar, but is there a better way to do this for internet explorer? Waiting for pages to load in IE seems like a fairly common task.