New Game - Alpha Pulse

MattyGibbard

Maybe add a couple/few walls that appears on the playing field and changes to a random place everytime the "target" changes place. Would make things a little harder. Maybe have more walls on higher difficulty settings?

Also it looks a little weird when "Beta" walks through the target, would it be possible to have him walk around it? Or let "Beta" pick ut the "Target" and reduce the players points :P

Thank you for your feedback. I also personally hate it when Beta walks through the Prize ans is hidden. I will change it so if he touches it, he will destroy the prize and a new prize will appear.

This will be in the next update.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is becoming a little too addicting :P, I think the walls idea that Admiral mentioned would be pretty cool on the harder difficulties. Also, the Powerups idea would be pretty sweet, maybe a Freeze Beta completely, a Slow Down Beta, a Stop Countdown on the prize, and if you really want to, maybe on the harder levels, have negative ones as well. Kind of like the old-school 'Breakout'. Point Deductions, Speed Up Beta, etc. There are definitively a lot of things you could do with this game, and I look forward to playing this game once you do release a "final" version!

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Changing the names and locations is a 5 min set-back, in all reality, for someone wanting to find them. The MD5 was a nice touch though... I'm afraid its quite a bit harder then that to completely secure it... Although I do have some more ideas... I'll PM them.

Oh, and as far as gameplay ideas...

- Power-ups

Speed etc...

- Power-Downs (For AI mainly)

Speed etc...

- Random Powers

Can give good or bad (Random) :P

- Obstacles (Kinda like Power-downs for the player) or Walls sounds cool... :unsure:

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

I'm not sure what happened...but whenever I die, it says game over, the gives a -1 array error

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I did a little analysis on the program, and it seems that instead of a score, it returns a blank page, and the hacker warning always.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Hey everyone, just a quick update. Someone is messing with my highscore table trying to be a fool. I'm going to remove the highscore feature in the next update until it is fully fixed. I know this is a major feature of Alpha Pulse, but until I can sort out this idiot by securing it further, then I'm going to remove it. I'll also have a few bug fixes coming in the next update too, so it's not all bad.

I'm guessing the person whos messing with the scores is on this forum as this is the only place I have shown my game. If you are reading this, then your a sad git. You seriously need to improve your score because you fail at life? Seriously, you have a problem.

Anyways, I wont lower myself and this forum to their level. Thank you again everyone for your feedback, and expect another update today.

EDIT:

I've just released another update. Please load Alpha Pulse again for an automatic download.

Or you can get it here: www.mattgibbard.com/engine/Engine082.exe

Cheers guys.

Edited by MattyGibbard

Excellent game. Now if you wrap it up with a proper installer and help documentation, it'd be just perfect!

It does come with a Tutorial of sorts.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

You will see a fully interactive menu coming soon. I'm mainly working on gamemodes, fixing bugs and making a plugin system.

Just a quick updates, the plugin system will allow people to create custom mods and gamemodes. I'm ironing out all the problems first, then more new features will arrive.

Hey everyone, just a quick update. Someone is messing with my highscore table trying to be a fool. I'm going to remove the highscore feature in the next update until it is fully fixed. I know this is a major feature of Alpha Pulse, but until I can sort out this idiot by securing it further, then I'm going to remove it. I'll also have a few bug fixes coming in the next update too, so it's not all bad.

I'm guessing the person whos messing with the scores is on this forum as this is the only place I have shown my game. If you are reading this, then your a sad git. You seriously need to improve your score because you fail at life? Seriously, you have a problem.

Anyways, I wont lower myself and this forum to their level. Thank you again everyone for your feedback, and expect another update today.

EDIT:

I've just released another update. Please load Alpha Pulse again for an automatic download.

Or you can get it here: www.mattgibbard.com/engine/Engine082.exe

Cheers guys.

Just make the game log the persons IP/MachineID. Then on your website, just ban that IP and MachineID from accessing the scoreboard. Bam. All done.

Yeah I mean, we are all programmers here. So there isn't much you can do to completely secure it. But that would be better than what you currently have.

Just make the game log the persons IP/MachineID. Then on your website, just ban that IP and MachineID from accessing the scoreboard. Bam. All done.

Yeah I mean, we are all programmers here. So there isn't much you can do to completely secure it. But that would be better than what you currently have.

I was just about to post that security through obscurity is no security at all.. If someone were to reverse engineering the script, seeing what it does with COM ( I assume you use IE library ), or capture the packets they can recreate it anyway.

You could make the server log all scores submitted, by IP address. Or make sure the script can not run uncompiled without heavy modifications.

I ran this game about a day or two ago. I now found that the executable had extracted the game resources to my partition root. The game was excellent but what kind of programming is that? Use the @TempDir macro instead.

Edited by Koshy John

Yeah I noticed that as well. If you do use a directory like that, then make sure to clean up resources when the program closes.