Magic Jack Service Installer

ghetek

I still need to add a bit more error checking but here you are for now!

All you need to do is install the magic jack like usual and then run this script.

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.2.13.13 (beta)
    Author:      Alex Escalante

Script Function:

1. Close all existing Magic Jack processes
    2. Move Magic Jack application from users inveroment to shared enviroment
    3. Find Magic Jack hardware and add script to root directory
    4. Create the Magic Jack Service
#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

#include <Array.au3>
#include <service.au3>

$appTitle = "MJ Service Installer"

If Not IsAdmin() Then
    MsgBox(48, $appTitle, "Administrator privileges required.", 10)
    Exit
EndIf

CloseVerify("mjsetup.exe")
CloseVerify("magicJack.exe")
CloseVerify("cdloader2.exe")
CloseVerify("magicJackLoader.exe")

TrayTip($appTitle, 'Closed existing "MJ" processes', 10, 1)

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "cdloader")
RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "cdloader")

FileDelete(@DesktopDir & "\magicJack.lnk")
DirMove(@AppDataDir & "\mjusbsp", @AppDataCommonDir & "\mjusbsp", 9)

$Drives = DriveGetDrive("all")
For $i = 1 To $Drives[0] Step 1
    If FileExists($Drives[$i] & "\DONT USE THIS DRIVE") Then
        TrayTip($appTitle, "MJ found at " & $Drives[$i], 10, 1)
        Sleep(2000)
        FileCopy(@ScriptFullPath, $Drives[$i] & "\")
        TrayTip($appTitle, "Updated MJ device", 10, 1)
        Sleep(2000)
    EndIf
Next

$serviceres = _Service_Create("", "mjsvc", "Magic Jack Service", '"' & @AppDataCommonDir & "\mjusbsp\magicJackLoader.exe" & '"')
Switch $serviceres
    Case 1
        TrayTip($appTitle, "Service Installed", 10, 1)
        Sleep(2000)
    Case 0
        TrayTip($appTitle, "Error installing service.", 10, 3)
        Sleep(2000)
EndSwitch

$res = MsgBox(4, "Magic Jack Service", "Done!" & @CRLF & "I suggest a restart. Should I do that now?")
Switch $res
    Case 6;yes
        MsgBox(0, $appTitle, "Thanks! Please consider donating a few bucks via paypal to alex@eqitpro.com")
        Shutdown(2)
    Case 7; no
        MsgBox(0, $appTitle, "Thanks! Please consider donating a few bucks via paypal to alex@eqitpro.com")
EndSwitch

Func CloseVerify($proc)
    Do
        ProcessClose($proc)
        Sleep(150)
    Until ProcessExists($proc) = 0
EndFunc ;==>CloseVerify

; notes for v2
;   $mjUser = "MJSVCUser"
;   $mjPass = "mi*=^=*im"
;   $objUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "/" & $mjUser)
;   If @error Then
;       $colAccounts = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "")
;       $objUser = $colAccounts.Create("user", $mjUser)
;       $objUser.SetPassword($mjPass)
;       $objUser.Put("Fullname", "Test User")
;       $objUser.Put("Description", "Test User description")
;       $objUser.SetInfo
;   EndIf
Edited by ghetek

Are you aware that we have a community project on the go to get rid of MJ installations? Have you read the comments about MagicJacK? See this thread

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87473

By the way, Thanks, now I can add the code to remove your service installer while I'm at it.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Magic Jack is a great hardware platform, and a great deal. Unfortunately the poorly made software platform and the support is horrible!

This is a "set-it-and-forget-it" solution. it removes the need to speak with support as well as the need to use their annoying software. The next version of this script will create a windows user to run the magic jack service that way all issues with MJ are within a specific system account.

i took time to make this script and give it away. i find the following remark a bit offensive.

By the way, Thanks, now I can add the code to remove your service installer while I'm at it.

You may find it offensive however there are thousands of people who will disagree with you on the merits of MagicJack and it's for those people that we are writing the uninstaller. I've already checked and most of what you are doing was being searched for anyway.

As far as the people mentioned above are concerned, MagicJack itself is offensive.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Honestly guys, I think there is room for both satisfied users and unsatisfied users.

There are thousands who want this thing "gone" from their computer... and hate it!

Then there are the ones that don't care what is being used by MJ ( or are oblivious to that fact ) and think it's a great deal for the money.

... We here in the forums can just get along and help the people we want to help.

my 2 cents.

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• 2 months later...