Problems reading GUIConstants.au3

Alright, I'm having a little bit of problems at school with loading the file GUIConstants.au3. I wrote a code myself at home, then went to school to further work on it some more, i always get this error:

Error reading file:
GUIConstants.au3

I'm not sure what it could be, because the file works at home, when i run it, but doesn't at school, and I tried redownloading AutoIt 3, but i still get the same error, please help.

Thanks,

Lakai

It should be, I downloaded the zipped version of it,cuz my school doesnt allow installation, well its if you get caught you get disabled. But the zipped version DID work for about a week, then when i got back the other day, i started to get that error.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to try these solutions at school on Monday, as it a Friday. I forgot to mention that I have tried to compile these scripts to .exe and I still get the same error, if that helps, anyways.

Thanks,

Lakai[NL]

well if in the script it can't find the file, then compiling that same script wont do anything, but it's probably because its the zip, you have to just put the GUIConstants.au3 in the same file as your script and put:

#include "GUIConstants.au3"; notice i put the quotation marks, thats to tell autoit that the file is in the same directory as the script

so its just because you have the zipped version, so just do what i just told you and everything should work :lmao:

FootbaG

• Developers

autot3 & aut2exe use the registry to locate the #include files from the program files \autoit3\include directory but thats only set properly when you run the installer.

As Layer said, put the include file(s) in the same directory as the script it self.. that should work fine .... :lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)