multiple script editor possible?

I want to develop several scripts at the same time but it seems that I can't open several SciTE4AutoIt3's. Is there any workaround? Although there can be several EXEs to run at the same time, the scripts being debugged and tested can't be done in this way because I don't know what lines go wrong when problems occur.

• Moderators

cwem,

To open multiple instances of SciTE, use the 'Options - Open Global Options File' menu option. Once the 'SciTEGlobalProperties' file is open, look for the line "check.if.already.open=1" - it is line 105 for me. Add a '#' at the start of the line and save the file. Now SciTE will open a new instance when you select a new file to edit from an external program (such as Explorer). If you use the 'File - Open' menu in a currently running instance of SciTE, you will get the selected file opening in a new tab as before.

Each instance of SciTE can run a separate script as you require.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

cwem,

To open multiple instances of SciTE, use the 'Options - Open Global Options File' menu option. Once the 'SciTEGlobalProperties' file is open, look for the line "check.if.already.open=1" - it is line 105 for me. Add a '#' at the start of the line and save the file. Now SciTE will open a new instance when you select a new file to edit from an external program (such as Explorer). If you use the 'File - Open' menu in a currently running instance of SciTE, you will get the selected file opening in a new tab as before.

Each instance of SciTE can run a separate script as you require.

M23

I prefer you copy that line into the SciTEUser.properies and modify it there.

This will override the default and will not be overridden with the next upgrade of SciTE4AutoIt3.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I prefer you copy that line into the SciTEUser.properies and modify it there.

This will override the default and will not be overridden with the next upgrade of SciTE4AutoIt3.

Jos

I'm using this version:

SciTE4AutoIt3

Version 1.77

Dec 24 2008 09:01:19

by Neil Hodgson.

Updated: Valik & Jos

None of any Option files contains any lines in it and so I'm unable to locate SciTEUSEr.properties. If I edit another script by right clicking it and then edit, the currently opening sci editor will create another tab and therefore I'm unable to run 2 scripts at the same time

• Moderators

Jos,

I presume that you would advise me to copy the lines I have changed in Global.properties (position.left, position.top, visible.policy. etc) to User.properties as well? I can see the usual "DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING" lines scattered around - anywhere in particular in the file?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Developers

Jos,

I presume that you would advise me to copy the lines I have changed in Global.properties (position.left, position.top, visible.policy. etc) to User.properties as well? I can see the usual "DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING" lines scattered around - anywhere in particular in the file?

M23

Its up to you to make the changes where you want but anything you change in au3.properties will get lost with the next update.

Not sure I want the DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING warning in it but could put something in it that warns about the chnages being lost with next update.

Jos :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Its up to you to make the changes where you want but anything you change in au3.properties will get lost with the next update.

Not sure I want the DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING warning in it but could put something in it that warns about the chnages being lost with next update.

Jos :D

Sorry but I can't see anything (i.e. blank option files), so what should I do in order to develop multiple autoit scripts? I don't want to buy multiple computers :o

• Developers

Sorry but I can't see anything (i.e. blank option files), so what should I do in order to develop multiple autoit scripts? I don't want to buy multiple computers :D

Correct, SciTEUser.properties is empty when opened the first time.

Add the parameters you want to change to it, in this case:

check.if.already.open=0

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.