A File Writing script writer

Mat

Basically, it writes a script that writes another file. useful if you intend to make an installer, or need to make the same file be created regularly. works on any text based file, so you can do it for scripts too.

I wrote it becouse I was thinking of making a setup file for one of my scripts, and couldn't find somethng to do this, and it sounded simple enough!

The program is incredibly simple as the last couple of scripts i've done have been slightly overloaded with context menus etc.

this one is only 110 lines, and uses no includes!

here it is: FileWritingScriptCreator

It works good unless you deliberatley muck it up....please no complaining about what happens if you put quote marks in one of the file names, I'm not going to fix anything along those lines.

have fun!!

visual explanation:

File.txt =put into=> ScriptWriter =writes script=> Writer-file.txt.au3 =writes file=> File.txt (again)

------------------------------------------------------------------------||

-------------------------------------------------------------------Writes File

------------------------------------------------------------------------||

-----------------------------------------------------------------(down arrow?)

------------------------------------------------------------------File.txt (again)

Edited by mdiesel

looks good sofar :D

looks good sofar :D

thanks, I haven't seen what happens if you enter wrong entries, there is a little bit of back up, if you don't set the script to an au3, it will do that for you...

Just the function

thought this might be useful!

1 more thing, It writes the au3 within func tags, just to make it easy to copy into scripts!