Html forms and elements

I automated a website and i used some MouseClick's, for that i need to have IE window opened at all times or have it run in a virtual machine. I would very much like to have all of it in the background and hidden so i tried to convert clicks into _ie functions. However i dont understand how to work with commands like _IEFormGetObjByName and IEFormElementGetObjByName. I dont understand what do i have to put in form or element name place. Almost every website i tried so far does not have form names in html source so i cannot identify them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be that the site doesn't allow you to view the source you want when you go to View --> Source. I had the same problem with a project I was working on. I had to have AutoIt go get the source for me. Then someone told me about DebugBar...awesome program lol. I will try to find the link for you, but someone will probably post it first.

Edit: Hmmm it's www.debugbar.com lol

Edited by MrMitchell

Step 1. Install DebugBar

Step 2. See if it can show you names for what you're looking for

Step 3. If you can't find form names, just get objects for the page elements directly using _IEGetObjByName

Step 4. If you still can't get it, post what you've tried along with a webpage that you're trying it against so we can see what you're doing and suggest a different way. :D

Ive installed DebugBar and yes it is a nice program, it gave me what first seemed like good results. But when i tryed to locate and write in that form name i got nothing. Then i tried _IEGetObjByName and it worked like a charm :D It gets the element directly. Saves me alot of trouble unlike the mouseclick. Thanks guys.

Sorry for the doublepost but ive got another problem. Ive came across a flash button. Is it possible to target flash with _IEGetObjByName? Because i again dont see no names or object IDs. Or is there any other way?

Edited by darkmaster071