Create a function during runtime

Hi there

What I want to do is read a list of functions from an ini (no problem here)

and then create a function for each item in the list so to be able to call them with AdLibEnable and AdLibDisable

is this possible ?

thanks in advance ^_^

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

Hi there

What I want to do is read a list of functions from an ini (no problem here)

and then create a function for each item in the list so to be able to call them with AdLibEnable and AdLibDisable

is this possible ?

thanks in advance ^_^

Sounds a bit strange to me without understanding more. Why can't you just have an include file which has all the functions you might want and not try to make functions on the fly?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

because the functions have user-defined names that are stored in an ini as keys... and the keyvalue is the content of the function XD

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org

I thought of that but nope... It's not what I want to do

I will be running the script as compiled, and AutoIt3.exe is not on every computer ;)

btw... I solved the problem with Infinite loops excetera... but I am still curious on how o solve the problem... even because it would speed up the script alot ^_^

• 1 year later...

Just wondering if anyone ever found out if there's a way to do this?

I need to dynamically add "fixes" to my au3 program, so I need to be able to give my program a path to an au3 file, and have it execute the code inside.

The script is compiled, so I can't just do it with include files, and it needs to have full access to all the variables in the main program, so writing a new script and compiling and executing it on the fly is not an option either.

• 10 years later...

If anyone is still trying to do stuff like this in 2021, I kindly point towards

Sorry for reviving, but I want to give the people googling for this a better chance. I know the thread is 11 years old. Please ignore this post, if it upsets you.

Cheers,