Point me in the right direction

Hello, I've recently was messing around with auto-it and thought of making a somewhat useful bot for WoW. The part I am stuck on is the pathing. I don't know where I would begin to make it move to certain spots. I want it to path by waypoints and not just macros because they are some what unreliable. I have used the search function and read the help file but still am a little confused. Thanks in advanced.

I imagine you'd need to use the game's coordinate and directional systems then to create waypoints so that the application can calculate the correct direct to face and distance to travel to get to a specified waypoint.

Aren't bots against the terms of service for WoW anyway?

Sorry, if I wanted to question the morality of botting in a video game I would've stated so in my question.

Please if you don't have anything relevant to my question then please just don't answer it.

Sorry, if I wanted to question the morality of botting in a video game I would've stated so in my question.

Please if you don't have anything relevant to my question then please just don't answer it.

As Volly said, play it properly. Or use the damn search function before you post, or most likely you will just get 100% flame.

I've searched but it doesn't help if you don't know exactly what you are looking for. All you guys are doing is giving me a free bump. Please if you don't have anything close to answering my questions save yourself some time and don't post here.

Thank you

Hi Manc , i know how it feels not getting a correct answer. ^_^

Ok , first to make waypoints you need to read out your character X , Y , Z position out of wow , so you can use this position later to navigate. for this you need to do memory reading.

If this works you need to make a small function that saves waypoint if they are 10 yards from each other , this kinda logic you need to use.

Later just calculate and navigate with arrows till reaching that spot , so an face to direction function is needed too.

there is a cool bot called gnometools coded in autoit , google for it.

Edited by morgalis