Another Versioning Question

I read a lot of version threads and haven't found my answers so I had to post.

I would like to thank Jos in advance because I'm using an AutoIT3Wrapper he suggested and it works great.

So here's the few question:

1) Versioning in AutoIT currently works as w.x.y.z

When you run the compiler, it increments "z". Is there anyway to increment the other numbers automatically or is this purely a manual process.

2) When I hover over the compiled EXE in WinXP, it still shows old information such as File Version 1.0.0.0. Any way I can update this or show much information such as Author, Copyright, etc?

CODE
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\..\..\My Pictures\Icons\<blanked>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\..\..\..\Desktop\<blanked>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseAnsi=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.15

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=p

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=Copyright © 2009

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Made By|MacBain00

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Email|----

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=AutoIt Version|%AutoItVer%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Compile Date|%date% %time%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "..\..\WsciteUpdates\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%out%" "..\..\WsciteUpdates\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=copy "%in%" "c:\program files\autoit3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper"

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=aaCopy2Prod.exe "%scriptfile%.EXE" "%out%" "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper" "%in%" %fileversion% %fileversionnew%

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y

#Tidy_Parameters=/sf /gd

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=y

#Obfuscator_Parameters=/striponly

#AutoIt3Wrapper_cvsWrapper_Parameters=/comments "%fileversion% \n"

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Edited by MacBain00

-Work Smarter, Not Harder, Use More AutoIT

• Developers

1) Versioning in AutoIT currently works as w.x.y.z

When you run the compiler, it increments "z". Is there anyway to increment the other numbers automatically or is this purely a manual process.

That is a manual thing, but you could ofcourse always use the AutoItWrapper GUI by doing Ctrl+F7 and make the updates there.

2) When I hover over the compiled EXE in WinXP, it still shows old information such as File Version 1.0.0.0. Any way I can update this or show much information such as Author, Copyright, etc?

It should show the correct updated information after a successful compile. At least that is how it works for me.

Are you saying it never does that for you?

Are you sure you looking at the correct file (#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\..\..\..\Desktop\<blanked>) ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

That is a manual thing, but you could ofcourse always use the AutoItWrapper GUI by doing Ctrl+F7 and make the updates there.

It should show the correct updated information after a successful compile. At least that is how it works for me.

Are you saying it never does that for you?

Are you sure you looking at the correct file (#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\..\..\..\Desktop\<blanked>) ?

Jos

I'm sure I'm looking at that file. I just recompiled it to make sure. The compile time never updates either. Check the attached screenshot.

post-22482-1241719266_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I'm looking at that file. I just recompiled it to make sure. The compile time never updates either. Check the attached screenshot.

NVM. It's weird, a refresh didn't do anything. Once I moved the file to another location, the pop-up updated. WEIRD ^_^

Even weirder, it doesn't updated when it's on the desktop. When I move it to My Documents, every compile results in an updated popup. WTH.

Edited by MacBain00