Data protection in scripts

But if I encrypt the data, how to FTP can be deciphered?

Thanks, i try it...

for example $a = encrypted password then u decrypt it before sending, but as Jos said it isnt a very true safe way

Edited by oMBRa

for example $a = encrypted password then u decrypt it before sending, but as Jon said it isnt a very true safe way

Jon? where?

obfuscation is the best method available, and you can make it better i think, someone has done it somewhere. Although you'd be better off using stringencrypt for particular strings in the script.

As has been discussed in the chat section here, there is no safe way to stop people getting your data. It's just how much effort they are willing to put in.

MDiesel

I use in my compiled EXE the data for access to the server (login, password). Perhaps, decompile my script is not difficult.

There are ways to protect it?

Its interesting that you are not allowed to mess with the autoIT file itself.

But after reading the Wikipedia article about AutoIT i guess i got the idea what it is so.

Now there are serval packers out there that allow packing / protection of autoIT compiled files, thus im not sure if they have permission from the AutoIT developers to do so. (can some mod please clarify that?)

[center][u]WoW Machinima Tool[/u] (Tool for Machinima Artists) [/center]

NOTHING you can do to a script makes it uncrackable... someone with enough time... and the right program WILL get the data in it... its impossible to make it completely safe.. there are many topics about this on the forum

Not only do you have to make the program uncrackable, you have to also use security when transmitting the login info because someone can easily capture the data.

Use a lower-privileged account for your purpose, so even if it's used maliciously, the damage will be small.

Its interesting that you are not allowed to mess with the autoIT file itself.

Only in the licence as of 3.3.0.0+

Now there are serval packers out there that allow packing / protection of autoIT compiled files, thus im not sure if they have permission from the AutoIT developers to do so. (can some mod please clarify that?)

I considered putting the same argument across when my A3x sequence scrambler got deleted, But then thought about it a little.

Packers are a necessary evil to a great many members, whatever their reasons be it file size or Resource Protection or both.

Also important to note is that after the interpreter is unpacked in memory, the core that makes the interpreter what it is,

remains unaltered by the packer at runtime. So no real infringements are made.

The vast majority of packers make no real physical modifications other than compressing / encoding and aligning sections

in the Interpreter, and are not Reversing anything that is not already common knowlege. (Win32 Pe format)

With the exception of Armadillo and a few other big hitters,that do what they do for the overlay with header

tricks and clever use of api.

My advice is do whatever you have to do, Just don't advertise the fact or expect support if you do.

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

• 8 months later...

Only in the licence as of 3.3.0.0+

I considered putting the same argument across when my A3x sequence scrambler got deleted, But then thought about it a little.

Packers are a necessary evil to a great many members, whatever their reasons be it file size or Resource Protection or both.

Also important to note is that after the interpreter is unpacked in memory, the core that makes the interpreter what it is,

remains unaltered by the packer at runtime. So no real infringements are made.

The vast majority of packers make no real physical modifications other than compressing / encoding and aligning sections

in the Interpreter, and are not Reversing anything that is not already common knowlege. (Win32 Pe format)

With the exception of Armadillo and a few other big hitters,that do what they do for the overlay with header

tricks and clever use of api.

My advice is do whatever you have to do, Just don't advertise the fact or expect support if you do.

What! :D Theres actually a a3x scrambler? :

I missed the wrapper and now the scrambler. :D

Why Im always late to find the good stuff. :):D:D:huggles:

You are also late getting in on this thread, by almost a year.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

What! :D Theres actually a a3x scrambler? :

I missed the wrapper and now the scrambler. :D

Why Im always late to find the good stuff. :):D :D :huggles:

Forget about it dude it was a unicorn and a lame one at that, to speak of it or similar methods is heresy here.

Vlad

wtfpl-badge-1.png