Hot Keys in a TSR like circumstance

This is probably a dumb question as I suspect it's easy to do but I've missed something along the way.

Imagine for me, if you will, a suite of externally written software. One of the commonest tasks we perform requires that we enter data into a form and then click the 'process' button. The user then has to click a further 26 times to complete the transaction and it's the same 26 clicks every single time! To get the external software modified would cost mega-bucks so I'm thinking that AutoIt could handle this trivially.

So, what I want to do is write a script that is assigned to a hot key at system start-up. Instead of clicking the 'process' button, the user presses some key combination and AutoIt does the following 26 clicks and then goes back to sleep. Hence the TSR bit.

If someone has any idea of what the basic framework for doing what I want is then I'd be very grateful. :D

THankies

Simon.

This is probably a dumb question as I suspect it's easy to do but I've missed something along the way.

Imagine for me, if you will, a suite of externally written software. One of the commonest tasks we perform requires that we enter data into a form and then click the 'process' button. The user then has to click a further 26 times to complete the transaction and it's the same 26 clicks every single time! To get the external software modified would cost mega-bucks so I'm thinking that AutoIt could handle this trivially.

So, what I want to do is write a script that is assigned to a hot key at system start-up. Instead of clicking the 'process' button, the user presses some key combination and AutoIt does the following 26 clicks and then goes back to sleep. Hence the TSR bit.

If someone has any idea of what the basic framework for doing what I want is then I'd be very grateful. :D

THankies

Simon.

It's not really a TSR it's just a program in Windows.

Look up HotKeySet and MouseClick in the help. The examples should be enough to let you do what you want.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.