extra functions in an exe

As long as you are OK with external execution, there is a ray of hope. The adhoc text .AU3 file that you execute can already have some helper functions in it. You can require the adhoc scripter to use certain pre-defined variable names, like $iRET. Then you tell them whatever their adhoc does must return its result in $iRET. That gives you a known point to interface back to the parent script. For example the template might look like: <code>

:D

It would not be my preferred method, however if its the only one, then its certainly one I am willing to accept.

My other main plan is to pass the commandline params to the script, which indicates the function, and have a handler within the script.

Can autoit run a hidden file? that would be a good idea!! as then it be invisible... It does mean it could be left behind when files are moved. But that sounds good. :D I think I'm beginning to like this idea...

Thanks a lot all of you, what hasn't helped me has taught me something anyhow. thats why I love this forum.

MDiesel

edit: you can also remember that although handles change, class names don't. Another method for text transfer between scripts is writing to a hidden input.

Edited by mdiesel