What happened to "Compile with Options"?

• Developers

Was it decided that a beta install done after a production install should override the default settings?

I just installed beta 3.3.1.4 and it like previous betas trashed my "Compile with Options" and "Tidy" options in explorer.

I've reinstalled 3.3.0.0 to get them back.

"Compile with options" and "Tidy" is something that is set by the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, not the AutoIt3 installer.

What version of SciTE4AutoIt3 are you running?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

"Compile with options" and "Tidy" is something that is set by the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer, not the AutoIt3 installer.

What version of SciTE4AutoIt3 are you running?

Jos

As you documented in post #7, the beta install replaces the "AutoIt3Script" value in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.au3\(default)with "AutoIt3ScriptBeta", and the beta Explorer context list doesn't include "Compile with Options" or "Tidy".

My SciTE is 1.78.

Edit: You had mentioned adding "Compile with Options" to the context list in the beta hive, which would make the registry change above insignificant. I'm not finding an SciTE4AutoIt3 version with that change.

Edited by Spiff59

• Developers

As you documented in post #7, the beta install replaces the "AutoIt3Script" value in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.au3\(default)with "AutoIt3ScriptBeta", and the beta Explorer context list doesn't include "Compile with Options" or "Tidy".

My SciTE is 1.78.

Edit: You had mentioned adding "Compile with Options" to the context list in the beta hive, which would make the registry change above insignificant. I'm not finding an SciTE4AutoIt3 version with that change.

True, just didn't remember it. Also did make the changes to the NSIS project file for the next release at that time.

Guess its getting time to put a new SciTE4AutoIt3 installer out there.

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have installed AutoIt and SciTE on my colleague's Windows 7 computer and the au3 files are not associated with autoit neither there are this context menu options which were there when I installed Autoit years ago.

So please tell me somebody clearly why this context menu option is still missing in today's Autoit and SciTE installations and why the files are not associated. Do I need to use this registry hack? I guess that things have changed two years after this thread was started right? Thank you

Edited by LoWang

It's working for me on Windows 7 x86. Full install of Scite4Autoit3 and I have the context menu. I'd look locally rather than at the software.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

What version are you running? The one that came with AutoIt3 or the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

Save attached script to the SciTE directory and run it to show the Registry issues/settings.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

We have tried to run installer with "run as administrator" command from context menu but no change - au3 files still not associated and no context menu

******************************************************************************************************************************************
!* HKCR\.au3 Default :au3_auto_file ==> This should be either "AutoIt3Script" or "AutoIt3ScriptBeta"
* HKCR\.au3 ShellNew :Template.au3 File Exists.
******************************************************************************************************************************************
* Explorer shell options:
* HKCR\au3_auto_file\shell:
* => Default Action:
* ShellNew:Template.au3

and on my notebook where it works:

* HKCR\.au3 Default       :AutoIt3Script
* HKCR\.au3 ShellNew      :Template.au3    File Exists.
* Explorer shell options:
* HKCR\AutoIt3Script\shell: 
*  => Default Action:Run
*     Compile                => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe" /in "%l"
*     Compile with Options   => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "%l"
*     Edit                   => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"
*     Open                   => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"
*     Run                    => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" "%1" %*
*     Tidy                   => Command:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Tidy\Tidy.exe" "%1"
*  ShellNew:Template.au3

• 6 years later...