How can i choose some files from a torrent with many files?

Hi. I have a torrent which has many files. eg 1.jpg 2.jpg temp.jpg etc.. As i said there are many files eg 5000 .

By loading the torrent with utorrent, it opens the window with this list of 5000 files, where i can choose which of them i want to download. If i wanted to download one , or two of them, i just select none and then select this one or two which i want to download.

My problem is that i want to download 100 of this 5000 files, and i have their names to a list.txt .Is there a way to make a script to download only those ? Does utorrent save this list with the 5000 files somewhere so i can change the list? I tried opening the torrent with notepad, i show there those 5000 file names and tried manually to erase one and save this torrent modified . When i tried to load it with utorrent it gave me error message. I hoped to load it and this time to see a list of 4999 files .. Any help would me very helpful ..

Edited by sosimple

you just can't edit a torrent file, especially inside the info dictionary because doing so would change the over-all hash of the torrent.

why not just download the whole stuff and manually delete the files you don't want? not downloading everything would just ruin your peers list such that your client will think there are still stuff that you might want to download, thus, accept peers that it may not be interested with anymore. further, doing so will just slow down your seeding process.

on one hand, i think this question is best addressed at the utorrent forum.

as regards autoit, you can probably create a program that will compare your list with the list found on the tabs page of utorrent, then automatically choose "don't download" those that are not included in your list.

i don't think utorrent saves the list of files. it however creates a copy of the torrent file at the %appdata% folder if you have not changed the default directory.

http://dev.dyonisii.com/