File Read Question

Hello People,

I had a question about the FileRead function, and that was if it was possible to read a line, then use that line in a string and then when the loop comes back to the FileRead, can it then read the next (which would be the second line obviously) and go thorugh the same process as the first line, and can this then be continued for a large number of times?

In the File attached, i have treid to do this, but i have failed epically. However i hope my messy scrpting is decipherable and that someone is able to help me.

Greetings

Jay

Test Script 01.au3

• Developers

Have you looked at the Helpfile FileReadLine() example which more or less does what you ask for?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well yes, in the attached file you can see that I've tried to do exactly that, and I had assumed that it would do what I wanted it to do, but somehow it seems I smell so bad, that autoit decided to just not do what it said it would do, but then again I think the problem is on my side, but i just could not figure out what the problem was. Sorry if this is a stupid and obvious question, but I tried the whole of yesterday getting the script to run.

I also added the .txt files which I use in my script, but the FilesFND.txt won't be much of a help since that targets a local file. However any PST File, with the Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair with the Split option should work in exactly the same way (at least, that was the plan). If there is any more additional information which any of you needs in order to show me my stupidity taking over again, please ask and I will provide it ASAP.

PS: Sorry about the horrible English of the first post...neither grammar or spelling appear to like me these days.

Archiv Test Namen.txt

Ordner Test Namen.txt

FilesFND.txt