WinWaitActive question

I'm trying to automate the install of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. The code is below. Everything works fine until I get to this line:

WinWaitActive("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Select Additional Tasks")

And then the script stops. It appears that it isn't seeing that this window is active, yet this window came up the same way all of the proceeding ones did, and I used Window Info to get the title and text in the window. So I'm thinking I'm missing something. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

T

(Full code follows)

Run ( "q:\malwarebytes\mbam-setup.exe")

WinWaitActive ("Select Setup Language")

Send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Welcome to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Setup Wizard")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","License Agreement")

Send ("!A")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Version")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Where should Malwarebytes")

Send ("c:\firststep\malwarebytes")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Folder Exists")

Send ("!Y")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware")

Send ("!D")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Where should Setup place the program's shortcuts?")

Send ("!D")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Select Additional Tasks")

Send ("!D")

Send ("!N")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Setup is now ready to begin installing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware on your computer.")

Send ("!I")

WinWaitActive ("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Setup has finished installing")

Send ("!F")

WinWaitActive ("Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","The latest version")

Send ("{SPACE}")

WinWaitActive ("Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Congratulations, Malwarebytes")

Send ("{SPACE}")

First off, I see you are new. I would suggest using ControlClick() instead of Send. That would stabilize the script more. Instead of using WinWaitActive, you could use WinWait and then activate the window after it exists.

First off, I see you are new. I would suggest using ControlClick() instead of Send. That would stabilize the script more. Instead of using WinWaitActive, you could use WinWait and then activate the window after it exists.

Thanks! I tried the WinWait and then WinActivate, but the script stops at WinWait. Is there anyway for me to tell what line the script stops at?

T