Multi Threading, and other things related to it.

Ok i know AutoIT3 is not practical for a massive project, but i wish to make something big to prove it is possible and help prevent people thinking that Au3 is for noobs making auto clickers. I wont go into what im making (it is related to a mmorpg game, but it is not a bot or macro) but for this i will need to be handling a lot of information at once and have a minimum of around 7 timers going at once. I have seen the multi AdLib include, but i dont think i can use AdLibs for this as it will temporarily stop the main program which is no good.

I have read about the _RemoteThreadX udf but unfortunately the download link is down = (.

Any suggestions or advice? I will take any constructive criticism or help, but will not pay attention to comments saying to not bother with it.

Autoit is a Third-Level language, This mean it does NOT even compile to byte code nor machine code, it will read you script raw(which is slow).

You should learn c# or c++ for games development.

Anyway Autoit is NOT Thread-Safe at ALL. So no.

Im not trying to make a game.. Did you even read half the post, particularly the last sentence?

If threading isnt possible, is there anyway multible autoit scripts can share variables or anything like that?

Sorry, I don't read most of the time. I just read the problem part and post >_<

Yes, use System Registry See RegWrite and RegRead BUT DON'T USE THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Or use INI See Iniread and IniWrite slower but better.

And if you are similar with stream then See StdinWrite, StdinWrite, ConsoleRead and ConsoleWrite.

You can use All TCP and UDP functions

Also there is a Script in the forum that communicate by reading and write the program GUI.

I written a UDF for this a while ago but I forgot to see that my laptop battery is removed and I pulled the plug(With the lost of OpenIndex V2 and >>>Variable Transfer Script<<< and Water Vapour (Modified for OpenIndex) RIP).

Edited by athiwatc

Ive been thinking about it quite a bit, and its just not worth all the extra effort to get a half working extremely slow project.

I wanted to have a go at a server emulation project, but it just wouldnt be able to handle all the simulataneous packets at once; even if i implemented some crazy channel system involving many autoit programs xD - Just not worth it.

Ill try and give it a go in C# or C++, just wanting to know - which would be easier (but still good) for a project like that?

Ive been thinking about it quite a bit, and its just not worth all the extra effort to get a half working extremely slow project.

I wanted to have a go at a server emulation project, but it just wouldnt be able to handle all the simulataneous packets at once; even if i implemented some crazy channel system involving many autoit programs xD - Just not worth it.

Ill try and give it a go in C# or C++, just wanting to know - which would be easier (but still good) for a project like that?

My best language is c# .NET and i prefer you use it.

I just love it. Simple and powerful.

But c++(or even c) can also be use but in your case native speed is not that important.(Also "Finding a library in c++ is like digging in a trash can for a clean apple"(I just though of it))

Edited by athiwatc