Modify

Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#2954 closed Bug (Rejected)

latest version of scite does not show correctly

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: Jos
Milestone: Component: SciTE4AutoIt
Version: 3.3.13.19 Severity: None
Keywords: Cc:

Description

the latest version of scite does not show correctly when user's os is win7 and user enlarge it to 125% , in such case, some strings go altogether(seems only easten language strings like chinese charcaters will cause this issue) and make a mess(see attachment "bug.jpg"),and when user change font setting of scite, following error showed

[string "editor.CallTipPosition(1)"]:1: Pane function / readable property / indexed writable property name expected

Lua: error occurred while processing command

ps: when user change font settings, it will be normal(see attachment "normal.jpg") just after user apply the changes,but when user close the editor and open again, the error occurs again.

I tested older version such as ver 2.2.7, no such problem

Attachments (1)

attach.rar (28.4 KB) - added by anonymous 5 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Jos

I have a couple of questions so I can see if I can replicate this:

  • Which version of SciTE are you using?
  • Can you post the used code in here or attach a file that shows the issue?
  • How do you change the view to 125%?

Jos

Last edited 5 years ago by Jos (previous) (diff)

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

thanks for replying,sorry for this late response

the version of scite which caused this problem is 2014/8/1 build

I don't think this problem is releate to specific code , it only caused programmer hard to view code line in SciTE, so I only posted snapshots of what happened, maybe you can not recognize Chinese characters ,I try to explain the problem, in attach.rar , normal.jpg and bug.jpg , I write the same code line in SciTE, normal.jpg shows the normal condition , the first parameter of InputBox is 4 chinese characters which are very clear. bug.jpg shows the error condition , you can see the first parameter and second parameter of InputBox squeese together , that's just the problem, maybe you can replicate this problem by writing any code line in SciTE.

I mentioned "change view to 125%" , it is not related to SciTE, I mean to change system view of win7. in Win7 , control panel->view , you can change system view ,100% as default , 125% as medium ,150% as larger, I chose 125%, I doubt this problem is caused by this setting,although I do not test it in default 100% system view , so I'm not sure.

last to mention , even in system view 125% , I used old version of SciTE (ver 2.2.7) , no such problem.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by Jos

I am using the latest Beta and changed my display to 125% but do not see the issue you see.
Since you didn't provide an example scriptfile with the character you use, I can't test it with that. If you want you can try the original version of ScTE as release by Neil Hodgson to see if that has the same issue, as that is the base version I use.

Jos

Last edited 5 years ago by Jos (previous) (diff)

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

thanks for replying

you mention you use the beta version,Is it from this download place
https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

I downloaded from this http address
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

filesize is 6048kb,Is this what you called beta version?

and I can input some code using Chinese characters here for you to try

InputBox("测试测试","test")

you may input above line in SciTE , maybe you need to change the SciTE font setting to choose a big font size,and close your SciTE and reopen again,only when I reopen SciTE,the problem arise.

comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by Jos

I have just tried it and have no issues displaying your line when I set the display to 125%.
Have you made any changes to your font?

The beta versions of SciTE4AutoIt3 editor and utilities can be found here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/
Just download both SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll and put those in the correct directory.

Jos

comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

I tested the beta version you mentioned, and it is OK indeed, but the 2014/8/1 build does cause the problem , I checked 2014/8/1 build , its version is 3.3.0 and its size is 851 KB (871,936 byte),maybe the newest beta version modified this error.

Hope the next stable version can solve this problem.Thanks.

comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by anonymous

sorry,the file's size and version which caused problem I posted maybe is wrong,maybe you can download 6048kb size setup file from
https://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe
to test.

comment:8 Changed 5 years ago by Jos

  • Resolution set to Rejected
  • Status changed from new to closed

I am not going to do any further investigation when the latest version is working correctly. ;)
We use the source from the official SciTE version by Neil so it could very well be it got fixed in one of his releases.
Just use the current Beta, which is based on the latest official SciTE release.
Closing this BUG report.

Thanks
Jos

Guidelines for posting comments:

  • You cannot re-open a ticket but you may still leave a comment if you have additional information to add.
  • In-depth discussions should take place on the forum.

For more information see the full version of the ticket guidelines here.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain Jos.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.