SMF - The fastest duplicate files finder... [Updated 2023-Jun-03]

KaFu

Please Resize it's Gui, its very Big for me! i am using 800x600 and i was not able to view it completely!

Fix it Dear.

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

Update:

• Lots of bugs fixed

[-]Version 0.1.2 did not capture all folders checked in TreeView, this one should

[-]Error in RegEx search hopefully fixed (this is a bugger)

[-]...many minor things

• Performance improvement
  • TreeView now build after program startup on request (add network folders optional)
  • Minimize to tray (also while searching) added
  • Option to display last result after report has been closed added
  • Option to export last result to csv added

ToDos:

• Create a better ListView (how to handle the 65532 limit?) or other output format for reporting (atm its just _ArrayDisplay()). Any ideas?
  • Dumb internal SQLite DB to file
  • Add option to start minimized with Windows
  • Common Desktop (@DocumentsCommonDir) Items not display (yet) on desktop
  • Add option to save search settings to INI file
  • Add copy/move/delete functions on results
  • Add option to further sub-filter the results on-the-fly
  • Major: Merge with my "DFF - Duplicate File Finder" project (not released)

Please Resize it's Gui, its very Big for me! i am using 800x600 and i was not able to view it completely!

Will see, what I can do.

The executable can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu

Best Regards

Edited by KaFu

Have a look in my sig for the Duplicate File Finder.

ptrex, I know your version :D and to be honest and give credit to those who earn it (which I would have and will be doing anyhow) your script's the inspiration for my version of the Duplicate File Finder, even large portions of the code will be the same :) , but... with one or two extra features and fully integrated into SMF. I like the way you used two ListViews for displaying the results, will definitely keep this feature, but as mentioned with one, two, many extras added.

There is also an export of SQLite to file in there.

>_< :idiot: thats exactly where I "borrowed" my code for csv export from SMF, just that I made creation dynamically depending on the selected FileInformation the user selected in SMF. I'm looking for a way to dumb the results as result.sqlite database file. Searching the forum comes up with nothing, so I guess I'll just code the export as a separate db creation + querying the memory db + inserting into file-db, just takes some time :P .

So, thanks in advance already o:) ...

and Best Regards

Edited by KaFu

what is the size of it's GUI?

Website: www.cerescode.comForum: www.forum.cerescode.comIRC: irc.freenode.net , Channel: #Ceres--------------------Autoit Wrappers, Great additions to your script (Must See) (By: Valuater)Read It Befor Asking Question Click Here...--------------------Join Monoceres's Forums http://www.monoceres.se--------------------There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who ask, ‘What happened?’” –Casey Stengel

what is the size of it's GUI?

Still the same >_< (1081x666, that happens when you use Koda on 1600x1200 and don't care) , its still on the ToDo List. Got already a good idea, next version or the one after that. Thanks for your interest :).

Best Regards

Well it's looks professional, nice job!

I know the source code is out of question but I'm very tempted to throw a little rant around because personally, your code such as the treeview file list could be useful for other projects. Seems to me you've used quite a bit of code available from this forum, but you give credit to the authors which is very appreciated.

:)

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

Might want to see if there is any useful info in my File manager...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=141335

Thanks a lot >_<, will do that definitely!

Well it's looks professional, nice job!

...your code such as the treeview file list could be useful for other projects.

Thank you too :idiot:. The TreeView is largely based on this code. Will think about releasing a cleaned and debugged version (that version still contains a bug or two).

Currently working on a major overhaul of the GUI and the Report, so stay tuned :).

Best Regards

Work Done (v0.2.1 => v0.3.5)

• Still Beta
  • GUI Redesigned (fits to 800x600) and switched to Tab-Design
  • Added nice looking Icon
  • Minimize to Tray (also while searching) added
  • Build Tree for local Computer on StartUp, add NetworkDrives optional
  • Fixed many minor bugs in TreeView
  • Added more options to TreeView
  • Created a Report-GUI, with which Results can be dynamically subfiltered on the fly... (<= Major new feature!!!)
  • Added many ideas (some not activated / implemented yet)

ToDos

• Update Screenshots and description
  • Switch Report-GUI also to SQLite statements (currently Array-Based functions)
  • Add features as visible in GUI
  • Common Desktop (@DocumentsCommonDir) Items not display (yet) on desktop
  • Add option to save search settings to INI file
  • Dumb internal SQLite DB to file
  • Add copy/move/delete functions on results
  • Major: Merge with my "DFF - Duplicate File Finder" project (not released)
  • Bugfixing
  • Wait for Feedback and new Ideas...

It works fine at least on the XP SP2 machines I tested it on. If you find bugs please let me know.

The executable can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu

Enjoy and with Best Regards

i downloaded it from your site but it gives some error before extraction.

WinRar: Diagnostic message

The Archive is either unknown format or damaged.

can you fix this problem as you fixed the GUI problem :)

i downloaded it from your site but it gives some error before extraction.

I guess... you just downloaded it while I was updating it... found two spelling errors I fixed on the fly :)... I just downloaded it and confirmed file validity.

Best Regards

i think it's bug when there is no disc in drive A:\

Posted Image

it asks again and again for inserting the disc and stops the search (App Held)

are you going to check and fix it?

Nice design less search button.

Yeah, looks much better this way... God bless the Koda Coder :). Just updated again, I missed a Fileinstall, which didnt throw an error on my Computer because the file was present in @scriptdir.

Best Regards

always post after fixing all the problems and checking the app if it some bugs or any prob.

did you see this: #583297

Hmmm, did you ask SMF to scan A:\ ? I guess so. Have to look up, what's the au3 standard-procedure for this one. Thanks for the Feedback.

Fixed, drives which don't respond with a READY to DriveStatus are now disabled. If a media is inserted, the TreeView needs to be refreshed.

Best Regards

• KaFu changed the title to SMF - The fastest duplicate files finder... [Updated 2023-Jun-03]