UltraEdit IDE Enhancements

Stumpii

All, please be aware that I am no longer updating this project. Because of three reasons really:

1. Because IDM keep changing how UE and UEStudio works with each new version. I spend more and more time just keeping working.

2. I have reached the limits of what I can add to UE and UEStudio.

3. I have added most of the functionality that I wanted in UE/UEStudio into my AutoIt Debugger.

I really have no incentive to continue developing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

First off, let me say that I know about SciTE. I have it installed for all the cool tools it offers, but I prefer using UltraEdit/UEStudio over SciTE (personal choice I guess).

Here is a set of scripts that extend UltrEdit/UEStudio so that it provides a set of features similar to those offered in SciTE.

Currently implemented:

1) Creates an 'Edit with UltraEdit' and/or 'Edit with UEStudio' context menu when you right click a .au3 file in Win Explorer. These perform a file cleanup on the project before openning it.

2) Includes an UltraEdit/UEStudio project file that contains a toolbar with links to the AutoIt Run, CodeWizard, Context Checker, GUIBuilder, AutoIt Tidy, Compile with Options and Koda Form Designer functions.

3) Automatically adds/removes the project toolbar into UltraEdit (currently have to configure by hand).

4) Includes a set of icons for the UltraEdit toolbar.

5) Includes a function to convert an existing UEdit/UEStudio project file and convert it to an AutoIt4UEdit project (with icons and functions).

6) All packaged in an installer so that it is easy to setup UltraEdit/UEStudio for AutoIt.

7) Help file (very basic at the moment).

8) Wordfile install/uninstall (updated to AutoIt v3.2.1.13).

9) Taglist feature (allow quick insertion of AutoIt Functions, Macros and Statements).

10) Function Tooltip feature (see screenshot below).

Here is a screenshot of the new toolbar in UEdit/UEStudio:

post-6932-1161105274_thumb.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the Taglist addition:

post-6932-1171652671_thumb.png

Here is a screenshot of the Function Tooltip:

post-6932-1171652737_thumb.png

Installation Instructions:

1) Install SciTE.

2) Download zip from the link.

3) Unzip and run the installer.

4) An AutoIt4UE folder should appear under the AutoIt folder under the Start menu.

5) Remove through Add/Remove Programs or through the Start menu.

Usage:

1) For single au3 file usage, right click the au3 file in Win Explorer and click 'Edit with...'.

2) For multiple au3 file usage, convert a new or existing prj file to work with AutoIt4UE by using the Start menu conversion script.

If you have implemented anything that you think should be included, or have any requests, or have done something even better, please let me know.

Here is a website for more details and for downloading:

AutoIt4UE Webpage

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for responding! I was starting to think that there was no point in trying to do this and making it available to everyone.

What are your favorite tools in SciTE?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

umm.. well just the obvious, all I really use is the compile options w/au3check. My biggest headache is trying to use the betas. Lately I have just been using the external compiler window and forgoing the scite one. Other than that I always use the F5 Go option to test run my scripts.

umm.. well just the obvious, all I really use is the compile options w/au3check. My biggest headache is trying to use the betas. Lately I have just been using the external compiler window and forgoing the scite one. Other than that I always use the F5 Go option to test run my scripts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't have compile with options in my toolbar because I usually just run the .au3 directly. I have added it to the toolbar now. Unfortunatly, as UEdit can capture the output of only the program that it runs, the output of au3check is lost. However, I have this seperatly on the toolbar, so it is easy to run the check then compile (two clicks instead of one!).

A question about the use of UE project (.prj) files: Do you usually have a seperate .prj files for each AutoIt project, or like I do, not use a .prj file at all? What I have been doing is based around having one AutoIt .prj file that is loaded whenever a .au3 file is loaded. That way any changes made to the project are global. The project is only really used for the project toolbar anyway.

As it turns out I am starting to prefer using the stand alone aut2exe compiler. I can't tell you how many times I tried to compile a sub script page rather than the primary as my scripts are comprised of a minimum of 3 files.

You a WoW player? Looking at your avatar graphic... err duh you made the autotravel post.

I have a couple thousand lines of code into my au3 script for WoW. It's a healer remote control tool. I run 2 accounts and the healer follows me around and auto heals/buffs. It also responds to commands from the main box to fire whatever spells at my targets. Pretty cool.

Edited by Hooch

What I am working on:

1) Create a script that adds and removes an 'Edit with UltraEdit' context menu when you right click a .au3 file in Win Explorer.

2) Create a UltraEdit project file that contains a toolbar with links to the CodeWizard, Context Checker, GUIBuilder and AutoIt Tidy.

3) Create a project starter script that cleans up the UltraEdit project of any currently open files.

4) Create an UltraEdit word file with all the context stuff, code folding etc.

5) Create a set of icons for the UltraEdit toolbar.

What I plan to do:

1) Create a script to automatically add and remove the project toolbar into UltraEdit (currently have to configure by hand).

2) Create an installer for all the above so that it is easy to setup UltraEdit for AutoIt.

3) Hopefully add something like the Function Popup utility.

Thought I would let all the UltraEdit users know what I am up to. If you have implemented anything that you think should be included, or have any requests, or have done something even better, please let me know. This is still work in progress at the moment, so is not in a postable state.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good work, looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

I created an AutoIt word file for UltraEdit and attach a copy. The AutoIt3 syntax starts at the "L12" entry on line 1153. It is fully up to date because I have just downloaded version 11.10b of UE with its latest word file and merged all my changes for AutoIt. Hope it's useful to you.

I continue to use SciTe with AutoIt3 because IMHO it has much better syntax checking, compile and go integration with AutoIt3 than does UE, along with the code wizard and all those things on the SciTe tools menu. I could never get the UE integration to work properly. UE does have the advantage of being a more feature rich product but I found that the things I liked to work with in AutoIt were much more accessible and better integrated into SciTe. :)

Oh, and of course code folding has been in SciTe for ages but only recently been released in UE version 11.

wordfile.zip

Edited by blitzer99

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

Good work, looking forward to seeing it come to fruition.

I created an AutoIt word file for UltraEdit and attach a copy.  The AutoIt3 syntax starts at the "L12" entry on line 1153.  It is fully up to date because I have just downloaded version 11.10b of UE with its latest word file and merged all my changes for AutoIt. Hope it's useful to you.

I continue to use SciTe with AutoIt3 because IMHO it has much better syntax checking, compile and go integration with AutoIt3 than does UE, along with the code wizard and all those things on the SciTe tools menu. I could never get the UE integration to work properly.  UE does have the advantage of being a more feature rich product but I found that the things I liked to work with in AutoIt were much more accessible and better integrated into SciTe.  :whistle:

Oh, and of course code folding has been in SciTe for ages but only recently been released in UE version 11.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great job. More complete than mine was. At the moment I am writing a script to import/export the AutoIt section from the wordfile, which should be useful. The rest of it is coming along okay as well.

OK. Have released v1.0.0 of the program. The file is in the first post with details.

Still a WIP, so be warned! Works well for me at any rate. I don't use SciTE at all now!

OK. Have released v1.0.0 of the program. The file is in the first post with details.

Still a WIP, so be warned! Works well for me at any rate. I don't use SciTE at all now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK found it. But got an error when I tried to run AutoIt4UE (see attached jpeg).

Computers don't solve problems, they just rearrange them.New string TRIM() functions for AutoIt3

OK found it.  But got an error when I tried to run AutoIt4UE (see attached jpeg).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. I have added some debug code to v1.1.0, so give it a try. I made some other changes that should make it more universally usable.

OK. I have added some debug code to v1.1.0, so give it a try. I made some other changes that should make it more universally usable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got another error message. On a dialog box entitled "AutoIt for UEdit/UEStudio" I got a message "Unable to open file 'C:\Documents and Settings\<my logon ID>\Application Data\IDMComp\UltraEdit\.tfg'."

I am running Win XP Pro. The folder exists on my PC but there is only 1 file there, projects.lst.

I got another error message.  On a dialog box entitled "AutoIt for UEdit/UEStudio" I got a message "Unable to open file 'C:\Documents and Settings\<my logon ID>\Application Data\IDMComp\UltraEdit\.tfg'."

I am running Win XP Pro.  The folder exists on my PC but there is only 1 file there, projects.lst.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, that is where the toolbar config file (.tfg) is on my computer. Do a search for Basic.tfg and Advanced.tfg (or any .tfg), maybe they are located in a different place on your computer.

• Developers

My biggest headache is trying to use the betas. Lately I have just been using the external compiler window and forgoing the scite one. Other than that I always use the F5 Go option to test run my scripts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't wanna highjack this thread but don't understand this comment..

With the lastest versions it is very easy as far as i know.

F1=Help Production

F5=Run Production

Ctrl+F5=Run AU3Check with Production definitions

F7=CompileProduction

Alt+F1=Help Beta

Alt+F5=Run Beta

Ctrl+Alt+F5=Run AU3Check with Beta definitions

Alt+F7=Compile Beta

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hmm, that is where the toolbar config file (.tfg) is on my computer. Do a search for Basic.tfg and Advanced.tfg (or any .tfg), maybe they are located in a different place on your computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, found them both. They are located in the c:\windows folder. OK, now what?

Yes, found them both.  They are located in the c:\windows folder.  OK, now what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is weird, programs do not normally install application files in the Win directory. What version of Windows are you using and what version of UltraEdit? Also, where did you install UltraEdit? The default is 'C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit-32'.

Can you also check that uedit32.INI is in c:\windows as well.