This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Proper use of ControlFocus and ControlSend

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AcidAlchamy

AcidAlchamy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

I must not be using these functions right for my GUI

the targeted name of the window is "[HC]" (without quotations)
and all I want my
func to do is get controlfocus of window (because I got a checkbox, when ticked function will kick in) and then ControlSend,

But I know im not doing it right and I've tried numerous ways of going about this.
Can someone please maybe post a valid example?
I tried retracting some info from the help guide on this and I got no where from there Notepad example.

Id appreciate the help a lot guys.

Thanks,

~Acid Alchamy~

#2 AcidAlchamy

AcidAlchamy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

because is controlsend the function I want to use when I only want something sent once?

Send(.....) in a func when func is activated spamms the function and I dont want that. I want to focus a client and send it one command, once and thats it.

#3 AcidAlchamy

AcidAlchamy

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

anyone got any ideas?

#4 JLogan3o13

JLogan3o13

115 and holding

• MVPs
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

It is difficult to provide you with assistance without a little more detail. Can you post the code you've tried thus far? How about a screen shot of the window you're trying to manipulate?

If you put a million monkeys on a million keyboards, one of them will eventually write a Java program. The rest of them will write Perl programs.

My Scripts: SCCM UDFInclude Source with Compiled Script, Disk Maintenance for Windows XP, "Deal-A-Day" Sites, Windows Firewall UDF

#5 Maffe811

Maffe811

Sir Longbottle

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Don't bump your thread every hour!
Wait atleast 24 hours between bumps!
Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.Scripts:
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users