How To Make A Gui Look Better....

Thanks, I like making GUIs ( :

What did you do to it Josh to make it look so awesome?

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

It's just a jpeg with invisible labels over it - When the labels are clicked ("buttons"), the functions are launched.

do the buttons click or show action when moused over / clicked?

I have tested and they do not. Is there a way to gets some button pressing action out of them easily?

Can you skin regular buttons in AutoIT?

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

You can have different jpegs for buttons instead of one flat one, i.e.

While 1
     $Msg = GUIGetMessage()

Select
          Case $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Or Close
               ExitLoop
          Case $Msg = $Button1
               GuiCtrlCreatePic(example)
     EndSelect
WEnd

That's of course crude (Made here, not in SCiTE), but that's the basic concept. You can have mouseovers as well, and even animated ones if you're crafty enough.

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite

• Moderators

do the buttons click or show action when moused over / clicked?I have tested and they do not. Is there a way to gets some button pressing action out of them easily?

Using MousGetPos() / ControlGetPos() this can be accomplished easy enough, I've made several examples of how to do this, the $variable names I've used that you can do an advanced search for is $Mpos and $Cpos (Use quotes around those to find the threads). Then it's just a matter of an If/Then statement (of course you would have to have different pics as JoshDB has explained).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

ty smoke <3

do the buttons click or show action when moused over / clicked?I have tested and they do not. Is there a way to gets some button pressing action out of them easily?

YES!!

if i understand you correctly

replace this..

;Your Code

with

msgbox(64,"test", "it works")

all of the ";Your Code" in the "case" statements

8)

NEWHeader1.png

YES!!

if i understand you correctly

replace this..

;Your Code

with

msgbox(64,"test", "it works")

all of the ";Your Code" in the "case" statements

8)

Correct :)

Ha, I haven't been on these forums since... 2006, almost. Behold, my legacy signature:My AutoIt idol is Valuater. You know you love him, too.My Stuff: D&D AGoT Tools Suite