Finally... Ipod Ejector 1.0

Neoborn

Hey Guys,

Here's a lil program that I have spent some time making and learning AutoIT. I am pretty happy with the result even though it is very basic, it is perfect for what I wanted to do.

I really wanted to do it all in AutoIT but Systreeview is not implemented yet so I could not disable / enable in device manager with the programming skills / tools I have available to me.

If you like it OR if you don't please give feedback and anyways you think I can improve it :( <3 to all people who helped me specially th.meger <3 :)

What it is: Executable that uses deveject to remove your Apple iPod / Disconnect it.

How it works: When running program sits in system tray until you double click on the icon and it will disconnect iPod. To exit just right click icon and exit.

Thanks again to all who have helped me etc

Additional Shout Outs: CDKid, Greenmachine, Valuator

* Source, .exe & helpfile all in the zip. *

iPod_Ejector1.0.1.zip

iPod_Ejector.zip

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

Hey Guys,

Here's a lil program that I have spent some time making and learning AutoIT. I am pretty happy with the result even though it is very basic, it is perfect for what I wanted to do.

I really wanted to do it all in AutoIT but Systreeview is not implemented yet so I could not disable / enable in device manager with the programming skills / tools I have available to me.

If you like it OR if you don't please give feedback and anyways you think I can improve it :( <3 to all people who helped me specially th.meger <3 :)

What it is: Executable that uses deveject to remove your Apple iPod / Disconnect it.

How it works: When running program sits in system tray until you double click on the icon and it will disconnect iPod. To exit just right click icon and exit.

>>>Click Here<<<

Thanks again to all who have helped me etc

Additional Shout Outs: CDKid, Greenmachine, Valuator

Hi Neoborn,

I'd like to give your prog a go, but after 3 attempts to download, I'm giving up.

Please let me know, if you decide to upload to the forum instead (like most others do).

But if it's only an exe, then I'm not interested - unless it can be decompiled..

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Hi Neoborn,

I'd like to give your prog a go, but after 3 attempts to download, I'm giving up.

Please let me know, if you decide to upload to the forum instead (like most others do).

But if it's only an exe, then I'm not interested - unless it can be decompiled..

1. How do you upload to the forum?

2. Why would you not be interested if it's only an executable?

3. I may upload the source later on when I get home....

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

1. How do you upload to the forum?

I've used or tried other such programs, and some work ok. I have no pressing need to try another, however I'd like to know how one works ... maybe I'll find a use one day in one of my progs ... you would get full credit of course!

I'd like that ... and I guess so would many others ... so please do!

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Because it would be stupid for any of us to run an .EXE . It could be anything.

Post the source.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

File now contains the source, helpfile and .exe.

Edited by Neoborn

File now contains the source, helpfile and .exe.

Way to go Neoborn,

I'm downloading now ... let you know what I think later, but thanks for sharing!

You might like to check out my posts

Autoit Programmer's Aids

Spoiler

userbar.png

Few questions for you.

Safty...

A.) Did you even write deveject.exe?

B.) Id like to deveject.exe see in your Ipod Eject.rar

C.) If it's made in autoit, (even if it isn't) Id like the source for deveject to look at the code for safty sake.

D.) Why are you installing it? To the .temp folder?

E.) DEVEJECT.EXE-386072A2.pf.... Prefetch?

F.) What Data are you storing in your .pf?

G.) Why is deveject.exe making a registry file...?

I don't know if its best for others to download this file, until he cares to explain/share "all" the source.

Even if it's over worrying..

Edited by Sardith

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

Few questions for you.

Safty...

A.) Did you even write deveject.exe?

B.) Id like to deveject.exe see in your Ipod Eject.rar

C.) If it's made in autoit, (even if it isn't) Id like the source for deveject to look at the code for safty sake.

D.) Why are you installing it? To the .temp folder?

E.) DEVEJECT.EXE-386072A2.pf.... Prefetch?

F.) What Data are you storing in your .pf?

G.) Why is deveject.exe making a registry file...?

I don't know if its best for others to download this file, until he cares to explain/share "all" the source.

Even if it's over worrying..

A) No I didn't write it, it's freely available on the web - google it.

:) you can get deveject.exe anywhere on the web - google it.

C) Ask the author

D) Why not?

E) I would guess so

F) Don't know ask the author

G) I believe it's writing to the key for the usb drive i.e. ipod saying it's no longer connected.

If I access to systreeview then I would'nt have to use deveject, not that there is anything wrong with it.

Well, Include it in your iPod_Ejector.zip

And befor you release something try to at least understand what the code you used from someone else does. Thats not a -safe- thing to do at all, it's on you, it's not my obligation to see what deveject does, it's your's since it's in your program.

Second off, what does your program do, lets see renames a few things and runs deveject. You need to also give credit where credit is due.

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

So... I don't have an IPod but why can't you just use your hands and disconnect it? Whats the purpose of "ejecting" it?

Hi,

I think the problem is, when you remove the IPod without doing the "removing it safely " from windows or whatever, you could lose data. I think, you know the sentence it is always recommended to remove USB and other hardware by disconnecting them first....

DevEject.exe is written by the German computer magazin c't. So, I don't think there is something wrong with it.

But :) yeah you are right, you can do it by hand nearly as qucikly as by script :-)

Edit: Link --> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8400/rh8496.htm

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Thanks for the link, but the author of this autoscript should be taking care of this. I wouldn't download this program, along with others im sure. Give credit where credit is due, also when your doing source -makesure- everything is there.

Well, Include it in your iPod_Ejector.zip

And befor you release something try to at least understand what the code you used from someone else does. Thats not a -safe- thing to do at all, it's on you, it's not my obligation to see what deveject does, it's your's since it's in your program.

Second off, what does your program do, lets see renames a few things and runs deveject. You need to also give credit where credit is due.

I not sure what your f*****g problem is Sardith but how about you back the f**k off and stop attacking me ok f**kface. You got something to say feel free to say but I'm not sure how or why you think you can get off being a prick like that and not expect a virtual e-slap.

1. You "ASSume" I don't know what the program does? Did I not tell you what it does?

2. I understand you think your on some fucking mission to set the world straight but in this case you're wrong there is no mission here, move along.

3. I do honestly give credit where credit is due, I credit you with being some righteous pompous ass hiding behind a monitor and giving me grief for no reason. You want to sort this out in other ways?

:) Get a life nub if you have nothing of worth to contribute.

Edited by Neoborn

Thanks for the link, but the author of this autoscript should be taking care of this. I wouldn't download this program, along with others im sure. Give credit where credit is due, also when your doing source -makesure- everything is there.

You wouldn't download this program? but you did noob and so will many others because there is a need and this fills a need. You seriously piss me off with your negative attitude and coming out attacking me like this. What is your problem exactly?

You need to learn to state what your issue is in a non condescending "I'm being a total asshole" way.

Kthx.

The program does what it is designed to do. Period.

Edited by Neoborn

Hi,

@Sardith: Is there something wrong with the source of DevEject.exe ? You can have a look at the soucre in the link I mentioned above.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I not sure what your fucking problem is Sardith but how about you back the fuck off and stop attacking me ok fuckface. You got something to say feel free to say but I'm not sure how or why you think you can get off being a prick like that and not expect a virtual e-slap.

1. You "ASSume" I don't know what the program does? Did I not tell you what it does?

2. I understand you think your on some fucking mission to set the world straight but in this case you're wrong there is no mission here, move along.

3. I do honestly give credit where credit is due, I credit you with being some righteous pompous ass hiding behind a monitor and giving me grief for no reason. You want to sort this out in other ways?

:) Get a life nub if you have nothing to contribute.

Im on no mission retard. You'r a hack period. You don't give all the proper source, let along you don't cite your work/Give credit where credit is due. I can' give all the grief Id like, im a member of the these fourms and have agreed to their rights. So I can give you all the constructors criticism I want. Ask other people, it's already been said that people want the source.

If you know what deveject.exe does, let me know please. Because Im willing to bet you don't.

If you can't stand my criticism or "my mission" then go some where else.

Me a nub, at least I can carry a converstaion on without swearing/calling someone names. So really who is the "nub"

:(

So... I don't have an IPod but why can't you just use your hands and disconnect it? Whats the purpose of "ejecting" it?

While connected in windows it can be quirky and just sit there flashing " Do Not Disconnect" and then to disconnect through the windows tray icon is a hassle. You could just disconnect but this could cause data corruption.