Yahtzee(mega)

Hi,

I started to write the game Yahtzee in Autoit and released my first version at sourceForge.net.

Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yahtzee-mega

Maybe some of you will check it out and give some feedback. There are also some screenshots available at

sourceForge.net.

Edit: Deleted the script preview because it cannot be displayed correctly.

Edit_29.05.06: New version released. (stable) Rel. 1.01

(First version was downloaded 60 times)

Thanks to CHRIS95219 for the logo

So long,

Mega

Edit: Deleted Email

Edited by Xenobiologist

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• Moderators

You might want to fix your post, seems it was cut off and seems your signature is in the [autoit ][ /autoit] tags.

Edit:

I think I would have made a permutation for 123456 - for the $shortrun / $longrun arrays that way you had every possible combination.

I can't feedback more, as the code is cut off for me, but I'm sure I'll like the way you did the high score switching :)

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hmm, I fear the code highlighting has messed up somehow on this as it's broken when I try and reedit. Can you post an attachment of the script you posted so that I can test.

HI,

changed the 1 post from autoit tags back to code tags and uploaded the complete game as Yahtzee.zip inc. the source.

Edit: Deleted the script preview, because it cannot be displayed correctly with code or autoit tags. :)

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Cna you do as Jon requests? Attach, so Jon can sort the problem. :(

HI,

it is already in the zip file. So I don't want to attach it additionally. :)

Hope that helps to catch the Forum-display-error.

So long,

Mega

Thats awesome you released at sourceforge..

bwt how did it take to get it up at sf.net?

HI,

you want to know how? Just normal, I created a porject and then it took 2 weeks after I got the permission and the project - activated.

I think, there are also quite a handful autoit-projects at SourceForge.net

So long,

Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @all,

I just finished uploading my new and heavily improved version of the game Yahtzee. :(

Tell me what ya think, please.

So long,

Mega

P.S.: Who will get a highScore above 330 points? :)

Thanks!

I wrote it for my girlfriend, because Yahtzee is one of the few games she can win against me. :)

So long,

Mega

Hi,

you can play it one after another and compare the highscore. :(

Okay, ... :)

the question is, how will a mutliplayer version look like? Save the score and have a bar player 1 and then player 2 at top of GUI? Should the players roll by turns?

If it is player 1 turn, should he see the score of player 2? Should I try to implement TCP Server and Client for LAN game?

I'll have a look at it when I'm back from holiday. Thanks for your suggestion.

So long,

Mega

• 2 weeks later...

DON'T make this over TCP, please! My internet hoster have blocked ALL TCP ports and I could not play this...

Haha that's funny. You know Internet goes via TCP port 21 don't you? Lol!

Blocking all TCP ports over Internet would leave you with noth... UDP ^^

Anyway, Yea please make this a LAN game, i think that will be very funny to play!

[Edit] Dumb comment

Edited by Manadar

HI,

I found a solution of aTCP server and client. Maybe I can adapt it and change it to my needs. I'll try to implement the option:

Play alone

Play with 2-4 players locally

Play with 2 players via LAN

But I think it will take some weeks, cause the whether is so damn cool and the soccer WM is now. :D

So long,

Mega

• 9 months later...

Hi,

thanks everybody. :shocked:

200 downloads here and over 500 downloads at sourceforge.net. :(

Anybody interested in a version 2.0?

There are new features available in Autoit so that it should be possible to rewrite the code and add some things.

Thanks for your feedback!

I love this forum and Autoit!

So long,

Mega