_GUICtrlListView.au3

randallc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your Script I found

Func __GUICtrlListViewSort($lv, $BDESCdummy, $i_OrderColumn, $i_ReDraw = 1, $i_CheckForNull = 0)

and I set $i_CheckForNull to 1 and the problem is solved, perhaps you should inform of that on tha main page.

Brilliant and fast !

In your Script I found

Func __GUICtrlListViewSort($lv, $BDESCdummy, $i_OrderColumn, $i_ReDraw = 1, $i_CheckForNull = 0)

and I set $i_CheckForNull to 1 and the problem is solved, perhaps you should inform of that on tha main page.

Brilliant and fast !

Hi,

Thanks for your interest! - I got it doing what I needed at the time, and there was no ongoing interest, so let the dev drop. I will try to get it doc better; most people who were interested wanted to stick to the new sort plan; (to do with registry), even though I could never get any discussion going on why I could not get that to go fast!

Also PaulIA has a new schedule for writing the ListView faster for faster large LVs (over 4000) which I have not tested, and which would need this to be modified to work; I haven't had the time for any of it so far! [not sure if he has a dll for faster sorts too?]

Someone else had a dll for a faster LV sort, somewhere else, which was not fully exposed, I believe.

Best,randall

That's what i call Support! i was irritated by the slow sorter but as reading this topic i'm sure this will be over!!

i don't have VBS installed, but i'm trying with the Express VBS.

Great work ! :whistle:

Best Regards,

Daryl

The example script gives you the guidance, but

$listview = _GUICtrlCreateListViewIndexed ..... - creates the ListView, replaces the standard ListView creation

_GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($s_RandomListItem, $listview,-1,0,1) - add Items to the list, replaces standard ListViewItems creation

__GUICtrlListViewSort( $listview,$B_DESCENDING,GUICtrlGetState($listview));,1,1) - This is what happens when you click on the label to sort.

Hope this make sense

;_GUICtrlListViewSorter.au3 0_18 
#include-once
#include "_GUICtrlListView.au3"
;Dim $searchGUI,$listview, $Btn_Exit, $msg, $Status, $Btn_Insert, $ret, $Input_Index,$timerstamp
$searchGUI = GUICreate("ListView Sort", 810, 623, (@DesktopWidth - 800) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 600) / 2,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX  + $WS_MINIMIZEBOX)
;~ _GUISetCheckBoxesPresent();******************************
;~ $listview = _GUICtrlCreateListViewIndexed("Index   |col1  |col2|col3", 10, 10, 790, 530,$WS_VSCROLL,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES+$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES);Drag&Drop Columns
$listview = _GUICtrlCreateListViewIndexed("Index   |col1     |col2|col3", 10, 10, 790, 530,   $LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_REGIONAL));Drag&Drop Columns
$timerstamp1 = TimerInit()
for $i=1 to 4500; it also works quicker over 4000, but starts slowing down as "_GUICtrlListViewInsertItem" used
    $s_RandomListItem=$i&"|line"&Random(-10000, 10000, 1)&"|"&Random(-10000, 10000, 1)&"|more_"&Chr(Random(Asc("a"), Asc("z"), 1))&Chr(Random(Asc("a"), Asc("z"), 1))&String(Random(-10000, 10000, 1))
    _GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($s_RandomListItem, $listview,-1,0,1)
next
;$Btn_Exit = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 300, 260, 70, 30)
GUISetState()
GUISetState(@SW_MAXIMIZE)
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE; Or $msg = $Btn_Exit
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $listview
        ; sort the list by the column header clicked on
            $timerstamp1 = TimerInit()
            __GUICtrlListViewSort( $listview,$B_DESCENDING,GUICtrlGetState($listview));,1,1)
            ConsoleWrite("Time New :"&round(TimerDiff($timerstamp1)) & " mseconds to search."&@lf)
        ;MsgBox(0,"","Time New :"&round(TimerDiff($timerstamp1)) & " mseconds to search."&@lf,1)
    EndSelect
WEnd

Wooltown, this UDF seems to sort using just one column in the same way the original does. Maybe I'm missing something huge. I looked through the scripts too and can't seem to tell where it would allow for criteria sorting (eg. sort by one column and then another)

A decision is a powerful thing

Hi,

If you look in the zip in first post for "FastSubSort2D.au3" or similar name, there is a working example.

Best, Randall

PS The key sort criteria line here is;

$i_ColSortIndex="2|-5|3";,[numbered by base 1 (ie first col number is "1")] [Sorts on cols 2,5,3 {DESC on 5 as NEGATIVE}]
Edited by randallc

• 2 weeks later...

On a GUI if you create 2 ListView and create them with GUICtrlCreateListViewIndexed, and then click on a column in one of them, strange things happen, items from listview 2 will occur in listview 1 and vice versa.

I don't have time right now to make an axample script, but perhap in next week.

Hi,

I can't remember details, but got it working in ""compare2GUIsArIcons.au3" [example scipt in the zip. post1]

I had to;

1. i think limit total number controls between scripts to 4000.

2. use extra commands.

See with in script; [i will rem out the lines for icons to show speedier.....]

If $i_MaxNumItems > 3999- (UBound($ar_listviewB) - 1) Then $i_MaxNumItems = 3999- (UBound($ar_listviewB) - 1)oÝ÷ Ù«­¢+Ù%ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1X±ÐìÐìÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥ÝQ¡¸}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝIÉÜ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØí¥}EÕ¥¬¤oÝ÷ Ù*§m¢·­¬"â²Ûâ{!ÈpjÇ%Éu·¢·Z0x-ë(®Û(¢yr¢wrدy«Z¶)uê^اbr±ÉbrG¢Ø^®Ì­ë-YoÈæ§u×­j)l"ØbI¦Ø§jºÚÊÊÞiÜ­¢Ì¦Úrدx¸¬µXÁ«­¢+Øí½µÁÉÉU%ÍÈ̹ÔÌÁ|ÄØ(¥¹±ÕÅÕ½Ðí}U%
Ñɱ1¥ÍÑY¥Ü¹ÔÌÅÕ½Ðì(íø¥¹±ÕÅÕ½ÐíÉÉäɹÔÌÅÕ½Ðì(ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ôÔÀÀ(ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡ÐôÌÀÀ)U%
ÉÑ ÅÕ½Ðí±¥ÍÑ٥ܥѵÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÐØÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ °ÌÔÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð°ÌÀ°ÌÀ°´Ä°ÀÌØí]M}a}

AQ%1L¤)U%MÑ   ­
½±½È ÁàÀÁÁ¤ìÝ¥±°¡¹­É½Õ¹½±½È(ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÍѵÁLôQ¥µÉ%¹¥Ð ¤)1½°ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ
½µÁÉ°ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1X°ÀÌØí¥}EÕ¥¬ôÀ(ÀÌØíÉ}¥±Ìô}}¥±1¥ÍÑQ½ÉÉä¡MÉ¥ÁѥȵÀìÅÕ½ÐìÀäÈìÅÕ½Ðì¤(íøìôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô(ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ý%¹á ÅÕ½Ðí%¹àñ½°Äñ½°Éñ½°ÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÄÀ°ÄàÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð¼È°ÈÀÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ¼È°ÄÔÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð¼È°ÀÌØí1YM}M!=]M11]eL°    ¥Ñ=H ÀÌØí1YM}a}I%1%9L°ÀÌØí1YM}a}!III=@°ÀÌØí1YM}a}U11I=]M1
P°ÀÌØí1YM}a}I%=90¤¤íɵÀíɽÀ
½±Õµ¹Ì(í}¥±MÑ%½¹Õ±Ð ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ)½ÈÀÌØíàôÄQ¼ÄÀÀ(%}U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ý%Ñ´¡MÑÉ¥¹5¥ ÀÌØíÉ}¥±ÍlÀÌØíát°ÄȤ°ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰ´Ä°À°Ä¤)9áÐ(ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝÑQáÑÉÉä ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰĤìͽÉѽ¸
½°ÄÍÄ(ìôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô(ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ý%¹á ÅÕ½Ðí%¹àñ½°Äñ½°Éñ½°ÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÄÀ°ÄÀ°ÈÀÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ¼È°ÄÔÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð¼È°ÀÌØí1YM}M!=]M11]eL°    ¥Ñ=H ÀÌØí1YM}a}I%1%9L°ÀÌØí1YM}a}!III=@°ÀÌØí1YM}a}U11I=]M1
½±Õµ¹Ì(í}¥±MÑ%½¹Õ±Ð ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ(ÀÌØí¥}5á9Õµ%ѵÌô¡U ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}¥±Ì¤´Ä¤´¡U   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´Ä¤)%ÀÌØí¥}5á9Õµ%ѵÌÐìÌäää´¡U   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´Ä¤Q¡¸ÀÌØí¥}5á9Õµ%ѵÌôÌäää´¡U  ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´Ä¤(íø½ÈÀÌØíàôÄQ¼ÀÌØí¥}5á9Õµ%ѵÌ)½ÈÀÌØíàôÄQ¼ÄÀÀÀ(íø½ÈÀÌØíàôÄQ¼Èäää(íø½ÈÀÌØíàôÄQ¼U ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}¥±Ì¤´Ä(%}U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ý%Ñ´¡MÑÉ¥¹5¥ ÀÌØíÉ}¥±ÍlÀÌØíát°ÄȤ°ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰ´Ä°À°Ä¤)9áÐ(ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝÑQáÑÉÉä ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰĤìͽÉѽ¸
½°ÄÍÄ(ìôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô(ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}U%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ1¥ÍÑY¥Ý%¹á ÅÕ½Ðí%¹àñ½°Äñ½°Éñ½°ÌÅÕ½Ðì°ÈÈÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ¼È°ÄÀ°ÈÀÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ¼È°ÄÔÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð¼È°ÀÌØí1YM}M!=]M11]eL° ¥Ñ=H ÀÌØí1YM}a}I%1%9L°ÀÌØí1YM}a}!III=@°ÀÌØí1YM}a}U11I=]M1
½±Õµ¹Ì(í}¥±MÑ%½¹Õ±Ð ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ(ÀÌØíѹ}½µÁÉôU%
Ñɱ
ÉÑ    ÕÑѽ¸ ÅÕ½Ðí
½µÁÉÅÕ½Ðì°ÈØÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ]¥Ñ ¼È°ÄäÀ¬ÀÌØí¥}áÑÉ!¥¡Ð¼È°ÄÈÀ°ÈÔ¤)U%MÑMÑÑ ¤)
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíMQIPèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìI½Õ¹¡Q¥µÉ¥ ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÍѵÁL¤¤µÀìÅÕ½ÐìµÍ½¹ÌÅÕ½ÐìµÀì1¤(ìôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôôô)¼($ÀÌØíµÍôU%Ñ5Í ¤(%M±Ð($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØíѹ}½µÁÉ($$%%9½ÐÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ
½µÁÉQ¡¸($$$$ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÍѵÁ0ôQ¥µÉ%¹¥Ð ¤($$$%}
ÉÑ1Y
½µÁÉÈ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀ°ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀ°À¤ì
½°ÅÕ½ÐìÀÅÕ½Ðì½1Y}°
½°ÅÕ½ÐìÀÅÕ½Ðì½1Y}($$$%
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½Ðí
ÉÑèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìI½Õ¹¡Q¥µÉ¥ ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÍѵÁ0¤¤µÀìÅÕ½ÐìµÍ½¹ÌÅÕ½ÐìµÀì1¤($$$$ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ýô}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝÑQáÑÉÉä ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀ°´Ä¤ì¹½ÐͽÉѽ¸
½°ÀÍÄ($$$%5Í  ½à À°ÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí
ÉÑèÅÕ½ÐìµÀìI½Õ¹¡Q¥µÉ¥ ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÍѵÁ0¤¤µÀìÅÕ½ÐìµÍ½¹ÌÅÕ½Ðì¤($$$$ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1XôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý($$$$ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ
½µÁÉôQÉÕ($$%¹%($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý($$%%ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1X±ÐìÐìÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥ÝQ¡¸}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝIÉÜ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØí¥}EÕ¥¬¤($$%}}U%
Ñɱ1¥ÍÑY¥ÝM½ÉÐ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰ´Ä°U%
ÑɱÑMÑÑ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ¤ì°È¤ìÅÕ½ÐìÈÅÕ½Ðì±±½Ü͹¥¹¼Í¹¥¹($$%
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄôÅÕ½ÐìµÀìU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄµÀì1¤($$$ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1XôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý($$%%ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1X±ÐìÐìÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥ÝQ¡¸}1¥ÍÑY¥ÝIÉÜ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݰÀÌØí¥}EÕ¥¬¤($$%}}U%
ÑɱÑMÑÑ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ¤ì°ÈÅÕ½ÐìÈÅÕ½Ðì±±½Ü͹¥¹¼Í¹¥¹($$%
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄôÅÕ½ÐìµÀìU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄµÀì1¤($$$ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1XôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý($%
ÑɱÑMÑÑ ÀÌØí±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ¤ì°ÈÅÕ½ÐìÈÅÕ½Ðì±±½Ü͹¥¹¼Í¹¥¹($$%
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÅÕ½ÐíU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄôÅÕ½ÐìµÀìU   ½Õ¹ ÀÌØíÉ}±¥ÍÑ٥ݤ´ÄµÀì1¤($$$ÀÌØí¥}AÉÙ1XôÀÌØí±¥ÍÑÙ¥Ý(%¹M±Ð)U¹Ñ¥°ÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=M
Best, Randall Edited by randallc

• 2 months later...

Hoi Randallc,

First of all sorry for my bad English.

Your udf looks great but in my program I'm using date how are formatted as dd-mm-yyyy, You can't sort this wright with a normal sort.

With the standard listview control I've change the date from dd-mm-yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd just before sorting and change it back before he shows the listview.

I've did it with this 2 functions.

Is ther a possibilitie to do that with your udf ?

I am only using it on 4 columns all the other columns are sorted in a normal way.

Func GUICtrlListViewSortdatum($h_listview, ByRef $v_descending, $i_sortcol)
    Local $X, $Y, $Z, $b_desc, $columns, $items, $v_item, $temp_item
    If _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount($h_listview) Then
        If (IsArray($v_descending)) Then
            $b_desc = $v_descending[$i_sortcol]
        Else
            $b_desc = $v_descending
        EndIf
        $columns = _GUICtrlListViewGetSubItemsCount($h_listview)
        $items = _GUICtrlListViewGetItemCount($h_listview)
        For $X = 1 To $columns
            $temp_item = $temp_item & " |"
        Next
        $temp_item = StringTrimRight($temp_item, 1)
        Local $a_lv[$items][$columns + 1], $i_selected
        $i_selected = StringSplit(_GUICtrlListViewGetSelectedIndices($h_listview), "|")

For $X = 0 To UBound($a_lv) - 1 Step 1
            For $Y = 0 To UBound($a_lv, 2) - 2 Step 1
                $v_item = StringStripWS(_GUICtrlListViewGetItemText($h_listview, $X, $Y), 2)
                If (StringIsFloat($v_item) Or StringIsInt($v_item)) Then
                    $a_lv[$X][$Y] = Number($v_item)
                Else
                    $a_lv[$X][$Y] = $v_item
                EndIf
            Next
            $a_lv[$X][$Y] = $X
            if StringInStr($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol], ":") Then
                $datum = StringSplit($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol], " ")
                $a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol] = datum($datum[1]) & " " & $datum[2]
            Else    
                $a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol] = datum($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol])
            EndIf   
        Next

_ArraySort($a_lv, $b_desc, 0, 0, $columns + 1, $i_sortcol)
        _GUICtrlListViewSetItemSelState($h_listview, -1, 0)
        For $X = 0 To UBound($a_lv) - 1 Step 1
            For $Y = 0 To UBound($a_lv, 2) - 2 Step 1
                if $Y = $i_sortcol then
                        if StringInStr($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol], ":") Then
                            $datum = StringSplit($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol], " ")
                            $a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol] = datum($datum[1]) & " " & $datum[2]
                        Else
                            $a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol] = datum($a_lv[$x][$i_sortcol])
                        EndIf   
                EndIf   
                _GUICtrlListViewSetItemText($h_listview, $X, $Y, $a_lv[$X][$Y])
            Next
            For $Z = 1 To $i_selected[0]
                If $a_lv[$X][UBound($a_lv, 2) - 1] = $i_selected[$Z]Then
                    _GUICtrlListViewSetItemSelState($h_listview, $X, 1, 1)
                    ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next
        Next
        If (IsArray($v_descending)) Then
            $v_descending[$i_sortcol] = Not $b_desc
        Else
            $v_descending = Not $b_desc
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

func datum($datum)
    if StringInStr($datum, "/") Then
        $datum = StringSplit($datum, "/")
        $jaar = $datum[1]
        $maand = $datum[2]
        $dag = $datum[3]
        Return ($dag & "-" & $maand & "-" & $jaar)
    Else
        if StringInStr($datum, "-") Then
            $datum = StringSplit($datum, "-")
            $dag = $datum[1]
            $maand = $datum[2]
            $jaar = $datum[3]
            Return ($jaar & "/" & $maand & "/" & $dag)
        Else
            Return ("")
        EndIf
    EndIf   
    $dag = ""
    $maand = ""
    $jaar = ""
EndFunc

Hi,

Not sure; I'll have a think.

In the past, I have just created an extra column, with dates in a format for sorting, and kept that column hidden; direct the sort to click on the sorting column; but I forget how I did it.

I would have to include all sorts of possibilities in the sort for the original date/ time format, so not sure it would be simple?

Best, Randall

• 4 months later...

1st post is all butchered, nothing to download... :)

hi,

Thanks,

True;

i've put back the 2 main files, though more options are available in later scripts; look at the zip in searchminer link in signature too...

Best, randall

• 2 years later...

Is there anywhere this can be downloaded? The link is broken in the first post. On that note, is anybody interested in creating a list view sort using the machine code?

Edited by P5ych0Gigabyte
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.