Securacy

Psibernetic

Securacy

Securacy is the succesor to X-Hide, the name Securacy is a blending of the words security and privacy. X-Hide provided privacy, but lacked in extreme security, therefore IDEA encryption was added. Also a new more pleasing GUI is available with Securacy, than was used with X-Hide.

Securacy zips the file or folder chosen, encrypts that zip using IDEA encryption, and finally hides the zip by applying System and hidden attributes to a file/folder.

----Change Log----

(0.9.3) Beta

*Fixed

-regsvr32 of XZip Dll not working correctly on different computers

(0.9.2) Beta

*Added:

-Error Checking in blank file path box

*Fixed:

-Folder filename handling

-Error in IDEA encryption passing filenames

(0.9.1) Beta

*Initial Release, all changes internal development before this release

Securacy_0_9_3.zip

Edited by Psibernetic

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy

One easy exploit with this is that the password is easily unencryptable. Meaning that you can find the password and get the file.

One easy exploit with this is that the password is easily unencryptable. Meaning that you can find the password and get the file.

Chip: Any ideas of make this less exploitable?

PartyPooper: I certainly do need to add that, do you know of any UDF's for multi-Drive folder selection?

Edited by Psibernetic

_StringEncrypt(1,$xEncryptPassword,"PsiPhi",2)

to

_StringEncrypt(1,"PsiPhi", $xEncryptPassword,2)

So you encrypt the word PsiPhi by the password not the other way around.

Try:

case $xBrowseMethod=1

$xRetrievedPath=FileOpenDialog("Choose your file to hide/unhide...", "", "All (*.*)", 1+2+4+8)

ControlSetText("","",$xFilePath, $xRetrievedPath)

case $xBrowseMethod=2

$xRetrievedPath=FileSelectFolder("Choose your directory to hide/unhide...", "")

Edit: codeblock is useless

Edited by PartyPooper

Try:

case $xBrowseMethod=1

$xRetrievedPath=FileOpenDialog("Choose your file to hide/unhide...", "", "All (*.*)", 1+2+4+8)

case $xBrowseMethod=2

$xRetrievedPath=FileSelectFolder("Choose your directory to hide/unhide...", "")

Edit: codeblock is useless

..ya suprisingly the FileSelectFolder() only supports C:\ that should be changed in next version...perhaps I will request it

_StringEncrypt(1,$xEncryptPassword,"PsiPhi",2)

to

_StringEncrypt(1,"PsiPhi", $xEncryptPassword,2)

So you encrypt the word PsiPhi by the password not the other way around.

Then the passwod PsiPhi is forced as the system level password, in other words no matter wat password u set on the first-run, it will always be decrypted to PsiPhi, wouldnt generate a problem also?

Edited by Psibernetic

• Moderators

..ya suprisingly the FileSelectFolder() only supports C:\ that should be changed in next version...perhaps I will request it

:):D

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

At the moment it's creating another folder in same directory as the one I'm trying to hide and calls it "(file/folder name)PsiE_N" and the original file/folder stays the same.

EDIT: to make the FileSelectFolder() show more than just C:/ change it to FileSelectFolder("", "C:\"& @CommonFilesDir)

Edited by phantom

At the moment it's creating another folder in same directory as the one I'm trying to hide and calls it "(file/folder name)PsiE_N" and the original file/folder stays the same.

EDIT: to make the FileSelectFolder() show more than just C:/ change it to FileSelectFolder("", "C:\"& @CommonFilesDir)

Ya thats an error I havent submitted the fix to yet, it has to do with the filename processing and lack of folder enryption... I would recommend not using folder securing for the moment sorry for the inconveience....I am working diligently...1 person is a small workforce...anyone wanna be a co-author?

Also thank you for that snippet it fixed the problem :)

Edited by Psibernetic

Failed straight up for me - asked for a password which I haven't been set yet.

Shows ya how secure it really is! :)

but i know, its been fixed.

really cool! Nice.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Hi just tried your program works really well. I have one problem though after i had downloaded the zip and extracted i decided to move the folder to my programs directory after i had done this could not access the program and then could not delete the directory could you help :)