X-Hide

Psibernetic

Topic MOVED due to new release, X-Hide is discontinued, taking its place is Securacy, this was appropriate due to the name describing the program accuractely

Securacy is now located at: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39331

xHide will remain available on this page, but no updates are forseen

X-Hide Beta rev 1

X-Hide is a fairly unique tool which hides your important or private files by applying system and hidden attributes to the file or folder...this seems to make the file disapper in Explorer, while the file remains in that exact spot... Built in records of which files/folders are hidden so you dont lose them...of course that in itself caused a major breach in the hiding, people could simply open the log file or the program and find out exactly which files were important and where they were...so moving in the obvious direction, X-Hide encrypts its logs and requires you to enter a passwod to access your database...xHide's GUI has been designed pixel by pixel for your ease and to be a quick fix for security...

License Type: GNU-GPL

@NOTE:In newest version hiding no longer uses Key emulation but actual commands.. (see BETA rev 1 Changes)

(1/10/07 1:00AM) - Beta Version

Original release

(1/10/07 10:00pm) - BETA rev 1

Added an error checking line for an inputbox command on line 25

Edited psi_Hide() UDF to use the fileSetAtrrib() function instead of key emulation

Added comments to the $psi_Hide() UDF

X_Hide_Beta_R1.zip

Edited by Psibernetic

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy

Looks nice

mayb that this could do it applies hidden and system to the attrib withoit using any keypresuare filesetattrib("file","+SH")

My Scripts:Radioblog Club Music DownloaderOther stuff:Fun movieIm serious read the help file it helps :PFight 'Till you drop. Never stop, You Cant give up. Til you reach the top Fight! you’re the best in town Fight!

crashes in an endless loop and want to open the "Run" command

I have noticed this also it is because when it is exuctuting its hide or unhide function, if any user input interupts it, it causes a loop waiting for a window to shoow up either Run or Command prompt... sorry for the inconvenience...I will have this fixed today :) thank you for reporting this bug..I wasn't sure if only occured for me

X-Hide Beta Version

I have spent appr 7 days dilligently working to provide a working stable version of this program...it applies the System and hidden attribs to files or folders... it has a unique GUI, management system, and encryption to ensure your hiding security.... enjoy and please leave me feedback...

License Type: GNU-GPL (*Please obey*)

@NOTE: I have not finished commenting and updating the actual hiding function... currently psi_hide() uses autoit's key emulation to apply the attribs, considering this was how I learned autoit, it makes sense this being my first script... Shortly I will update that function no worries dear friends

(1/10/07 1:00AM) - Beta Version - Original release

Looks good.

Hiding worked for me, but unhiding did not, no visible errors, it failed silently.

Would it be possible for it to automatically detect whether the chosen item is a file or a directory?

Cheers,

Llamnuds

Looks good.

Hiding worked for me, but unhiding did not, no visible errors, it failed silently.

Would it be possible for it to automatically detect whether the chosen item is a file or a directory?

Cheers,

Llamnuds

may ask where it failed? such as... Did u have a listviewitem selected... was the filepath generated incorrect? is it a repeating pattern... thank you for the feedback comments good or bad help me tons... I will have a new version available within the hour I presume..(I do not know of a way to get it to auto-detect without making my own file open dialog, the autoit one will not open folders....only its folderdialog will...good idea tho I will set a note asside for future updates) Edited by Psibernetic

Topic MOVED due to new release, X-Hide is discontinued, taking its place is Securacy, this was appropriate due to the name describing the program accuractely

Securacy is now located at:

Where?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll