3rd BETA SciTE4AutoIt3 installer

Jos

• Developers

I did include the latests changed AFAIK.

@JP, What is the exact issue with your point 2. ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With default SciTE, save.session=1 loads the last session *unless* you open SciTE by opening a file in which case SciTE will open only the file. My Lua script changes that to *always* open the last session, even if you open a file. But if you set save.session=0, no sessions are saved and no sessions are loaded by me or by SciTE. So are you saying you want SciTE's original behavior back? Or that you do not want to load sessions at all (and have set the option) but for some reason the last session is still being loaded?

So in short, there are 3 scenarios, which one do you want?

• SciTE loads the last session *unless* opening a file.
  • SciTE always loads the last session.
  • SciTE never loads the last session.
Edited by Valik

With default SciTE, save.session=1 loads the last session *unless* you open SciTE by opening a file in which case SciTE will open only the file. My Lua script changes that to *always* open the last session, even if you open a file. But if you set save.session=0, no sessions are saved and no sessions are loaded by me or by SciTE. So are you saying you want SciTE's original behavior back? Or that you do not want to load sessions at all (and have set the option) but for some reason the last session is still being loaded?

So in short, there are 3 scenarios, which one do you want?

• SciTE loads the last session *unless* opening a file.
  • SciTE always loads the last session.
  • SciTE never loads the last session.
so today the beta support only 2 with option=1 and 3 with option=0 in sciteUser.properties

true ?

Edited by jpm

so today the beta support only 2 with option=1 and 3 with option=0 in sciteUser.properties

true ?

Right.

I see how this could be undesirable. I'll modify my script - again - tomorrow or whenver somebody reminds me because I am going to forget. I'll make it use a completely new option and leave it up to Jos whether or not to enable it by default.

Nothing changed there so you will need it in the SciTE program directory:

I guess the installer messed that up for you ?

Jos

all was good for my installation except that sometimes when i write file i have a lua message error that's happen. Next time i will copy iot and send to you. For the rest all is good.

Thanks

• Developers

all was good for my installation except that sometimes when i write file i have a lua message error that's happen. Next time i will copy iot and send to you. For the rest all is good.

Thanks

Could you tell us what the error message is ? :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Here is the error message

...ogram Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Lua\AutoItAutoComplete.lua:42: bad argument #1 to 'char' (invalid value)

Do you know the steps to make it generate this error ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos,

Seems like you overlooked my post :)

+>12:03:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.5 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000415 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

! Skipping #AutoIt3Wrapper_Usex64 directive because this is an X86 Architecture CPU.

I think it should let me compile to x64 if i want it to. Remember that i can always use the file somewhere else. Au2exe.exe doesn't have that limitation and it lets me to compile to 64bit version.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• Developers

Jos,

Seems like you overlooked my post :)

+>12:03:45 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.5 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000415 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

! Skipping #AutoIt3Wrapper_Usex64 directive because this is an X86 Architecture CPU.

I think it should let me compile to x64 if i want it to. Remember that i can always use the file somewhere else. Au2exe.exe doesn't have that limitation and it lets me to compile to 64bit version.

Have you tried running Aut2exe_x64.exe manually on the box ? Don't think its possible or is my test wrong ?

I am working on some other changes for the installer at this moment to fix some more potential issue for Vista.... This is the current plan:

- Change the SciTE manifest and recompile to run SciTE "asInvoker" to avoid issues with the UserStore copies of updated files.

- adding SetAcl to the installer and running it to set the ACL for the SciTE directory to Full for the groups "users" and "Power Users" to allow updates to be done to files.

This approach should get rid of all UAC prompts for SciTEConfig and AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI when installing ResHacker, and also allows me to update au3.properties dynamically from LUA to Enable/Disable the Tools options for Beta.

More later,

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Have you tried running Aut2exe_x64.exe manually on the box ? Don't think its possible or is my test wrong ?

I am working on some other changes for the installer at this moment to fix some more potential issue for Vista.... This is the current plan:

- Change the SciTE manifest and recompile to run SciTE "asInvoker" to avoid issues with the UserStore copies of updated files.

- adding SetAcl to the installer and running it to set the ACL for the SciTE directory to Full for the groups "users" and "Power Users" to allow updates to be done to files.

This approach should get rid of all UAC prompts for SciTEConfig and AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI when installing ResHacker, and also allows me to update au3.properties dynamically from LUA to Enable/Disable the Tools options for Beta.

More later,

Jos

Well i just go to Start -> AutoIt v3 and choose Compile script to .exe then i have Compile for system radio box which i choose and the script gets compiled without errors. I think the version you are trying to run is the version to be used on X64 based system (so it would work more efficient), but you can actually compile with Aut2exe.exe to the x64 script.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• Developers

Well i just go to Start -> AutoIt v3 and choose Compile script to .exe then i have Compile for system radio box which i choose and the script gets compiled without errors. I think the version you are trying to run is the version to be used on X64 based system (so it would work more efficient), but you can actually compile with Aut2exe.exe to the x64 script.

This tells you how much I looked at the X64 setup :)

Now need to figure out if Jon implemented a commandline switch for this or if I need to tweak the registry ...

EDIT: /x64 should work...

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, you probably want to look at the Compiler page in trunk. There are a bunch of new command line options, all of which are documented. I'd say you'll want to get those added in pretty quick after the next beta release as I'm sure at least one of them will see some immediate use.

• Developers

Jos, you probably want to look at the Compiler page in trunk. There are a bunch of new command line options, all of which are documented. I'd say you'll want to get those added in pretty quick after the next beta release as I'm sure at least one of them will see some immediate use.

Thats what I did and saw the /x64 switch, but the only drawback is the compatibility with the current production not supporting it yet .... Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

The /x64 switch is supported with 3.2.10.0.

yea... i see it now... was just checking the branch version to see which were already supported.... tnx

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.