WorldCam

BrettF

Introducing my latest project...

WorldCam

WorldCam gives you the ability to travel the world without even getting out of the chair you are sitting in now. From the snowy peaks to quaint towns, you can see it all.

Features:

• Ability to view different webcams from around the world
  • Constantly updated database of webcams

Downloads: Posted Image

Download Link: http://signa5.com/download.php?id=6

(Direct: http://signa5.com/downloads/World%20Cam%20V0.0.0.1.zip)

Latest Camera Database is usally Automatically updated upon starting the progam, but it can be downloaded here.

To-Do List:

• Ability to save images
  • Settings such as viewing cam on startup or downloading webcamera image/archives.

Please Note: As the camera feeds are provided by third parties, I take no responsibility for the uptime or Availability of images.

So any comments? Suggestions?

Cheers,

Brett

Edited by BrettF

Submitting Webcams into the database.

Providing the camera is not in the database already, virtually any camera can be added!

Requirements:

The camera must be accible from a JPG image or similar.

The submission must be via PM to me with the following information:

<Country Name>
    <Camera>
        <Name></Name>
        <Description></Description>
        <ImageURL></ImageURL>
        <PageURL></PageURL>
    </Camera>
</Country Name>

Example for this camera:

<Australia>
    <Camera>
        <Name>Webcam at South Bank Brisbane</Name>
        <Description>This webcam gives a view of Brisbane city from South Bank Parklands. You can see the buildings in the CBD, get a glimpse of the floating traffic on the Brisbane River and take a good look at our ever-changing sky.</Description>
        <ImageURL>http://www.ourbrisbane.com/files/weatherdata/sbimage.jpg</ImageURL>
        <PageURL>http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-and-do/places-to-see/webcam-south-bank-brisbane</PageURL>
    </Camera>
</Australia>

Please make sure the links are okay and there is no errors in the description.

Thanks!

Brett

Edited by BrettF

• 2 months later...

Well thankyou. But due to lack of intrest, I stopped working on it.

Cheers,

Brett

That's a pity because it's really good, but I didn't understand one of the basic ideas. If the webcam sites are available on the internet then why can't people just add their own? That's one of the problems with it for me because I don't understand why I should have to PM someone to change something in a program that I use. So unless I've completely misunderstood then the first change I would like is an option to add a site myself. Then to remove one, edit the details etc. For example, I would add the webcam for some Ospreys in Scotland but most people probably wouldn't be interested in that.

Only one camera is listed for some places like Antartica, although the XML files lists many more.

Then there are some small points I would like. For example, when a different camera is selected why do I have to click on 'UpDate' ? I would like to see some way to close the application (I know Esc works but I just guessed and found that out), and an option to increase the picture size.

I think it's an excellent project, very well executed and my vote is for you to continue working on it.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do about updating. Basically the PM was so I could add it to the database, allowing all users access to it. Basically you can add it into the XML file ^_^