Battery Checker

Yashied

LAST VERSION - 1.1

13-Feb-09

Project closed.

If you have a laptop with Windows XP and you do not like the standard battery icon in the tray, then try my utility - Battery Checker. This utility replaces the standard icons on the icon of Windows Vista, and also has many useful options (see "Properties" menu). I tested Battery Checker for more than one laptop and the program always worked fine.

The following script is shown for illustrative purposes only, for normal functioning of the program download the executable file on the link below. If possible, please write your feedback.

BatChecker_scr1_small.jpg BatChecker_scr2_small.jpg

Files to download

Binary

Redirection to BatChecker_bin.zip, 414 KB

BatChecker_bin.html

Source

Redirection to BatChecker_source.zip, 89 KB

BatChecker_source.html

Edited by Yashied

• 2 months later...

Nice work Yashied. There must be very few laptop users for you to have had no replies to this until now!

It works well as you know :)

It seems pretty complete. If you are still interested in ideas then I would like 2 levels of warning; so if the first warning occurs at say 30% then I could say "ok, but I'll be finshed before I need to worry" or "I'd better make sure I've got my charger with me" and then the second warning when there isn't much time left and I really should be charging or I will soon be shut down.

I'm glad you have the option to choose a sound to play, I can use my wife's "It's time to stop work Martin" message.

I think a better translation would be "below critical" instead of "less critical".

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This tool is gr8 thanks, Im using it on windows 7 and works fine except the battery icon but im not fussed about that. I have an idea but i dont know how to do it myself. Would you possibly be able to add a balloon tip, or msgbox when the battery reaches 100% because i like to take care of my battery by not over charging it and i sometimes forget 2 unplug it. I made a msgbox popup every 30 mins to try and remind me, but it does get a bit annoying and doesnt seem ideal.

again, thanks for the gr8 tool

• 1 month later...
  • Developers

I can't download it, could you please re-up it again?

Thankyou very much for your contribution.

Works fine here.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 11 months later...

Hi, when I try to download I get the following error:

Site not found

We're sorry, we were unable to locate the site "/yashied/Files/BatChecker_source.zip".

I would be grateful if you could supply a new download link.

br /michael

I will probably get my laptop back from repair monday.

I will try it out then :huh2:

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]