3D Axis - Play with it!

Yashied

LAST VERSION - 2.2

14-Mar-10

3D Axis is designed to draw graphs of almost any trigonometric functions that can be specified as a single function - f(a,b). The functions can be specified in one of the three coordinate systems: cartesian, cylindrical or spherical. By default, you can use any functions that are defined in AutoIt (Cos(), Sin(), Sqrt() etc.), but you can also import your own functions, for example write a function for Fourier series. At the beginning, try to play with the examples that appear below (Examples.3da). Just drag this file to the main program window, select any graphs, and click "Draw" button. But do not draw all graphs at once, as this may take a long time. Try to come up with their own functions, it all depends on your imagination. If anyone got beautiful graphs, please post it in this thread (better in .3da file).

3D Axis has one drawback - size of the main program window is more than 1250x860 and can not be resized that will fit not for all monitors! Therefore, recommended minimum size of your monitor should be 17".

The any questions or comments about 3D Axis please post it in this thread. I will be glad to any feedback and suggestions.

3DAxis.png

3DAxis_scr1_small.png 3DAxis_scr2_small.png 3DAxis_scr3_small.png 3DAxis_scr4_small.png

Files to download

Binary

Redirection to 3DAxis_bin.zip, 1.11 MB

3DAxis_bin.html

Binary (GUI smaller version, size of the client area - 1101x733)

Redirection to 3DAxis_small_bin.zip, 1.11 MB

3DAxis_small_bin.html

Source

Redirection to 3DAxis_source.zip, 668 KB

3DAxis_source.html

Examples

To draw graphs of the functions from the Examples.3da, just import or drag and drop this file into the program.

Examples.zip

Edited by Yashied

Is this not working on Vista and higher OS?

Changed line 2805 to Case 'WIN_2000', 'WIN_XP', 'WIN_2003', 'WIN_VISTA', 'WIN_7'

Working properly on Vista!

Very nice program and code demonstration!

UEZ

PS: 5* from me

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Aaaaam Yashied?

Could you fix the program for 1024 x 768? Or i`ll try to figure out how to do it...

The program is awesome! 

Keep up the good work  :);)

And about posting, i don`t know how many of you like math, no offence but i sure do!   :evil::evil::idea:

Edited by Ady

• Moderators

Yashied,

It is not that we do not like maths.....we are just lost for words! ;)

M23

Edit: Speeling, or rather tpying! :evil:

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 weeks later...

Many people ask me how to draw graphs in the plane of monitor. Here is a function for the transformation (projection) 3D coordinates (X; Y; Z) on the plane (Xp; Yp).

Func _2D($X, $Y, $Z, $D, $I, $T, ByRef $Xp, ByRef $Yp)

Local $DC = Cos($D * $Pi / 180)
    Local $DS = Sin($D * $Pi / 180)
    Local $IC = Cos($I * $Pi / 180)
    Local $IS = Sin($I * $Pi / 180)
    Local $TC = Cos($T * $Pi / 180)
    Local $TS = Sin($T * $Pi / 180)

$Xp = $X * ($DC * $TC - $DS * $TS * $IC) - $Y * ($DS * $TC + $DC * $TS * $IC) + $Z * ($TS * $IS)
    $Yp = $X * ($DS * $IS) + $Y * ($DC * $IS) + $Z * ($IC)

EndFunc   ;==>_2D

Is it true beautiful formula? Appointment of variables $D, $I and $T, you can understand after playing with the first three sliders in the program (Rotate, Skew and Twirl). Function does not take into account the perspective and other 3D effects.

Function does not take into account the perspective and other 3D effects.

Kudos for writing this impressive 3D-Axis in AutoIt!

Did you have a need for that which wasn't covered by some existing maths package, or was it for AutoIt fun or challenge?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 2 weeks later...