here's the latest update on...
SMF - Search my Files
Current Version: v4.0 (2013-Apr-25)
SMF - Search my Files features
- A good looking GUI,
- Search files by location,
- Search files and / or folders,
[-]File names and Locations in Long and Short (8.3) format,
[-]File Times (modified, created, accessed),
[-]File Extended Attributes,
- Filter by
- Free Name filtering by usage of RegEx,
- GUI designed to fit to 800x600 desktops with Tab-Design
- Nice looking Icon
- Minimize to Tray (also while searching)
- Export Result to CSV-file
- Export Result to XML-file
- Save & Load search runs
- Build Tree for local Computer on StartUp, add NetworkDrives optional
- A separate Report-GUI
[-]Pre-Select output columns
[-]Dynamically generated statements, fully user adjustable
[-]Dynamically sub filtering of results on the fly
[-]Results can be executed directly, starting with the default associated program (ShellExcecute)
[-]Select Results by drag, copy selected URIs to clipboard
[-]Copy, move, delete or Erase results or subset of results
- md5 driven Duplicate file finder
[-]added trimmed md5 short calculation (false md5, but sufficient for dup-search and a great speed improvement!)
[-]Search 30.000 pics for dups in 1min 30secs
- Added many other ideas (some not activated / implemented yet)
- Lots and lots of unnecessary Global Variables
- Ugly code
- PLUS violations of any coding principal known to man...
SMF works fine at least on the 32bit XP SP2 and 64bit Win7 machines and I've tested it on. If you find bugs please let me know.
Report details view with small icons:
Report icon view with 96px thumbnails:
Thanks to my sweet girlfriend for reviewing, giving new ideas and having so much patience with me :-*.
Thanks to Jon, Larry, Jos, Valik, Jpm, Melba23 and Trancexx and for creating AutoIt and maintaining the forum.
And finally thanks to all these great guys from the forum, providing excellent UDFs, snippets of code I use in SMF or help and feedback:
Achilles, Ascend4nt, Ed_Maximized, Elgabionline, Erik Pilsits (Wraithdu), Eukalyptus, Gafrost, Holger Kotsch, Jarvis J. Stubblefield (JSThePatriot), Jos, Lahire Biette, Lazycat, Lod3n, Prog@ndy, Ptrex, Rasim, RazorM, RobSaunders, Sean Hart, Siao, Simucal, Smashly, SmOke_N, Teh_hahn, Valik, Ward, WideBoyDixon, Yann Perrin, Yashied & Zedna.
Please let me know if you found some piece of code in the source for which I forgot to mention a credit.
The executable and the source can be downloaded from my site: http://www.funk.eu
Enjoy, let me know what you think of SMF and with Best Regards
Edited by KaFu, 25 April 2013 - 10:13 PM.