GUI loop problem...Control freezing

I'm having a problem, I've made a program callen LAN Talk, it's in example scripts in .exe form cause I haven't released the code yet, the problem I'm facing is:

When you run the script after it creates the GUI, the socket is created and a While loop receives the messages if $connected = 1, $connected is 0 until you press "Sign IN" and it returns to that state after you press "sign out".

What I want to do is, open the socket when you press sign in and close it when you press sign out, to do that, I have the messenger function that does all that being called when you press "sign in", so the While loop starts there. If I leave it like that the GUI closes after it starts because there is no loop to keep it open, so I add another loop to only sleep while $connected = 0.So the GUI stays open by that loop and when you press sign in it stays open by the other loop but all the controls stop working after you press "sign in", except from the Treeview that responds..

I can make an example but I would prefer to PM my source code to members interested in helping...

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

Current version 2.9.9.1 [04/07/2019]

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

Really can't help much without source... :P

Your doing the loop wrong somehow, the loop must include reactions for all controls, if they aren't in the loop... More specifically the loop your program is currently running through, your control will not react to input or any kind of alteration.

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

it's like:

;code posted is just an example not a working one, there is no GUI

This works:

$connected = 0

somefunction()   ; creates GUI with button SIGN IN that sets $connected = 1 and SIGN OUT to set $connected = 0
Messenger()

Func Messenger
      $chatserver = UDPBind....
      If @error <> 0 Then
    SocketBindError(1)
      Else
          While 1
      If $Connected = 1 Then
                Sleep(10)
           WEnd
      EndIf
EndFunc

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3

it's like:

;code posted is just an example not a working one, there is no GUI

This works:

$connected = 0

somefunction()   ; creates GUI with button SIGN IN that sets $connected = 1 and SIGN OUT to set $connected = 0
Messenger()

Func Messenger
      $chatserver = UDPBind....
      If @error <> 0 Then
    SocketBindError(1)
      Else
          While 1
      If $Connected = 1 Then
                Sleep(10)
           WEnd
      EndIf
EndFuncoÝ÷ ÛZµÚ²}ý·
++ºÚ"µÍÌÍØÛÛXÝYHÛÛYY[Ý[Û
HÈÜX]ÈÕRHÚ]]ÛÒQÓS]Ø[ÈÚ[Ú[[ÒQÓÕU]Ø[ÈÚYÛÝ]ÚYÛ[
BÚYÛÝ]

BÚ[H   ÌÍØÛÛXÝYHÛY
L
BÙ[[Ý[ÛÚYÛ[
B   ÌÍØÚ]ÙHQ[YÜ   ÉÝÈ[ÛØÚÙ][ÜJB[ÙB   ÌÍØÛÛXÝYHBYÜÙ[Ù
B[Y[[Â[ÈÚYÛÝ]

BÛÜÙÈÛØÚÙ]  ÌÍØÛÛXÝYH[[Â[ÈYÜÙ[ÙÚ[HBY    ÌÍÐÛÛXÝYHH[ÛY
L
BÑ[[[
The code you say works looks to me like it can't.

In the code that doesn't work how does the function Messenger() ever get finished? So how does singin() return?

Are you using message loop or event mode and have you set any hotkeys?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Looks like your going to need to re-write... You can't call a GUI through a function like that, and expect the secondary function to work properly... If the first hangs in GUI-loops... The other functions will never be called, although that would probably work if AutoIt supported multi-threaded operations, which it doesn't... :P

You will have to build your code around a better concept of loops. Again, without the source... It's hard to know exactly what your doing wrong... :unsure:

I'm not trying to ride you out about the source thing, but it's like trying to explain to someone why your brand-new Secret0 car is not running right, but you won't let anyone see it, instead you try and explain what noises it's making... :D

I'm terrible at metaphors, but still... PM me the source, and I'll try and give a better answer... :D

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

martin, the first one does work, the messenger function is waiting until it receives something and wen it does it calls other function, it works pretty well the way it is. The only hotkey there is hides the main window and makes it appear again when you press it again...

Would you like to see my code martin and let me know?

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger

s!mpL3 LAN Messenger.zip

s!mpL3