This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

don't forget your usb key

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sylvanie

sylvanie

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:56 AM

Hello,
when I'm at office and I lock my session with ctrl alt suppr, I'm allways afraid of forgetting my memory stick or a CD.
I have written this tool which control if CD, floppy disk, or other removable devices are present when I press ctrl and alt.
In this case it use the intern speaker to make a beep even if I have already pressed the key suppr.
Bye

Attached File  detect_perif3.au3   1.94KB   1095 downloads
Posted Image

#2 The Real Wine

The Real Wine

Seeker

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:41 PM

Oups i forget it !!!! :) :D :D

#3 DaveF

DaveF

Smells fanboyish.

• Developers
  • 640 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:11 PM

This is clever and useful, keep it up!
Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

#4 ezzetabi

ezzetabi

さくらが さいた

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:37 PM

; thanks to the person who has written this function ;-)
It is me. You are welcome.

#5 chelseafc

chelseafc

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:09 AM

sorry for bumping this, but why dont you make a popup box saying a thumb drive is still plugged in instead of beeping.

#6 ezzetabi

ezzetabi

さくらが さいた

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

Copied&Pasted from the source code itself:
if $alarme=1 Then MsgBox(16,"Support(s) oublié(s) !!","Attention au moins support a été oublié:"&@CRLF&$listsupport) ; generally the message is coming too late, but the "beep" is played even if the session is locked

#7 chelseafc

chelseafc

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:55 PM

thanks ezzetabi, i turned the msg box into a traytip. Now i m trying to make the box tip run without hotkeys but i cant find the code for the hotkeys. I m new to autoit so if i find it do i leave the hotkey field blank? does this mean the script will run without hotkey? also anyone tell me how to make the tray tip run every 5mins and run the script at startup

#8 ezzetabi

ezzetabi

さくらが さいた

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

may help:
Local $d Local Const $min = 5 While 1    $d = DriveGetDrive( "REMOVABLE" )    If not @error Then       TrayTip('Removable disk detected', 'Remember to unplug it, soon or later...', 10, 2)    EndIf        Sleep($min * 60 * 1000) WEnd

and seek for something called 'startup folder'

#9 chelseafc

chelseafc

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

yeah i think i understand the script but i dunno where to place it. Can you mod the script and post it here? thanks. Also, how do i make t run without hotkey?

#10 Helge

Helge

Yup

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

yeah i think i understand the script but i dunno where to place it. Can you mod the script and post it here? thanks. Also, how do i make t run without hotkey?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ezzetabi's code is a script in itself. Just run it.

#11 chelseafc

chelseafc

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:16 AM

i see, can u just briefly tell me why the lenght has been dramaticallyshorten and still doen the job?

#12 MSLx Fanboy

MSLx Fanboy

Local $Clue = 0

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

The first one beeps when you lock the console of the computer. The second one will get you a Tray Icon Notification (bubble) every 5 minutes, reminding you that there is a removable drive, it won't beep when you lock the console though.

If you wanted, you could combine the both of them for even more reminders...
Writing AutoIt scripts since
_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

#13 sylvanie

sylvanie

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

Hello every body,
I'm surprised, I thought that this old topic was forgotten ...
Just for information, I have replaced the single beep :

run(@comspec&" /c "&chr(7),"",@SW_HIDE)

by

run("beep2.exe")

beep2.exe, is the compiled form of this script
Plain Text         
Dim $tab[17] $do2=132   $re2=148.5   $mi2=165   $fa2=176   $sol2=198   $la2=220   $si2=247.5   $do3=264   $re3=297   $mi3=330   $fa3=352   $sol3=396   $la3=440   $si3=495   $do4=528   $re4=594   $mi4=660   $fa4=704   $sol4=792   $la4=880   $si4=990 ;$hertz = 550 $duration = 500 $tab[0]=$do3 $tab[1]=$re3 $tab[2]=$mi3 $tab[3]=$do3 $tab[4]=$mi3 $tab[5]=$fa3 $tab[6]=$sol3 $tab[7]=$sol3 $tab[8]=$la3 $tab[9]=$sol3 $tab[10]=$fa3 $tab[11]=$mi3 $tab[12]=$do3 $tab[13]=$do3 $tab[14]=$sol2 $tab[15]=$do3 $tab[16]=0 for $cpt=0 to 1     For $cpt2=0 to 3     DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[$cpt2], "long", $duration)     Next Next DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[16], "long", $duration) for $cpt=0 to 1     For $cpt2=4 to 6     DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[$cpt2], "long", $duration)     Next Next DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[16], "long", $duration) for $cpt=0 to 1     For $cpt2=7 to 12     DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[$cpt2], "long", $duration)     Next Next DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[16], "long", $duration) for $cpt=0 to 1     For $cpt2=13 to 15     DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[$cpt2], "long", $duration)     Next Next DllCall ("kernel32.dll", "long", "Beep", "long", $tab[16], "long", $duration)

It plays a little melody with the internal speaker, it's longer and more funy than a single beep ... :(
Posted Image

#14 Flexipoint

Flexipoint

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:40 PM

I've just tested this. It works with ctrl-alt-del but not when I press Win-L

Can you tell me how to include this also ?
Tiëstosteroned :)Up2Date

#15 KaiHamil

KaiHamil

Seeker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:29 PM

Hello,
when I'm at office and I lock my session with ctrl alt suppr, I'm allways afraid of forgetting my memory stick or a CD.
I have written this tool which control if CD, floppy disk, or other removable devices are present when I press ctrl and alt.
In this case it use the intern speaker to make a beep even if I have already pressed the key suppr.
Bye

Attached File  detect_perif3.au3   1.94KB   1095 downloads

Hey does anyone still use this????? What do you reformat the script to, to run it?? Please help me!!!!!!!!!!

#16 BrettF

BrettF

My Drunk Monkey Guerilla is gonna getcha!

• MVPs
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

What problems are you having? It is a 5 year old thread after all... :idea:

#17 KaiHamil

KaiHamil

Seeker

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

What problems are you having? It is a 5 year old thread after all... :idea:

Thanks 4 responding I didn't expect a response. I really would like the beep to play through the external speakers because the computer speakers aren't always turned on, and I haven't been able to get the message to appear at all. I even have embedded the script in the logg of folder. Is there a file that would play the sound through the internal speakers in the path enviroment???

#18 jaenster

jaenster

There is no spoon.

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hey does anyone still use this????? What do you reformat the script to, to run it?? Please help me!!!!!!!!!!

Well.. Code of 2005, it is older then the the most users here, Thing is.. cool stuff and so on, but legacy code.. This was for 3.1.x.x ?
If you learn autoit a bit you can remake it your self :idea:
-jaenster

#19 BrettF

BrettF

My Drunk Monkey Guerilla is gonna getcha!

• MVPs
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:59 AM

Replace beep with something like _SoundPlay() or similar to play a recorded sound...

#20 logmein

logmein

Polymath

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

A nice script but it's quite slow if your computer has a floppy disk.

Edited by logmein, 09 May 2010 - 05:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users