A powerful Hotkey-lister utiltity! You'll be amazed by its features!

Mcky

Mcky's Appkey

Version 1.0 (testing)

Requirements:

1024X768 Resolution (suggested)

Windows 2000,XP or Vista

AutoIT 3.2.4.9

Major Improvements!

1. 1024 Application Profiles limit removed!

2. Extra button in profiles center!

3. New Favorites Manager in Application Center dialog! Supports up to 8 Favorites!

Contribute your application profiles created with Mcky's Appkey into this post! Thanks. And please post comments and bug reports before I release it to the public. THANKS!!

What is it

Do you ever have trouble remembering hotkeys combination for various applications? Well, Mcky's Appkey is here to solve this! Simply fire up the application, load your application profile from the tray menu and to list the hotkeys, just view the hotkeys from the tray menu. You can click the hotkey to trigger its effect on the application too! It's so simple to use and advanced users will appreciate its many features.

Features

* You are free to copy any part of the source code into your scripts/applications.

* Large Icon size Windows Vista style (256x256)

* 100% Freeware and Open-Source in AU3 format!

* Hotkey-listing for Windows / 3rd party applications!

* Easily lists the hotkeys for your favorite applications with minimal disruption!

* Supports up to 60 hotkeys combination in an application profile!

* Supports 1024 application profiles! <--- Now UNLIMITED!

* Comes with some popular applications hotkeys profile!

* Easily transfer hotkey profiles to another pc using the built-in backup solution!

* Various settings you can adjust. You can disable checking online for latest versions.

* Load your favorite profiles at startup automatically!

* Export Hotkeys list to HTML! - SAMPLE HTML File:Notepad.htm

* Profiles Center that lets you share and download new profiles and many other tasks!!

* What's more, you even can activate Multi-User Settings, that keep settings and profiles for each Appkey user!!!!

* Manage your favorite profiles with the new Favorites Manager! (In Application Selector dialog)

How to use:

1. Open the exe or AU3 in AutoIT 3.2.4.9 or above.

2. Tray icon will appear. You can right click on it and access the many functions.

3. Load profile "Microsoft Notepad" from "Load Application Profile..." option. Notifications will appear.

4. Open up Notepad.

5. Right click on the tray menu,select "Hotkeys List:" and it displays the hotkeys for Notepad. You can click one of the listed hotkeys to trigger its effects in Notepad!

6. To add more profiles, select "Hotkey Editor" and click "New Profile" button. Then click any Hotkey box to set up a hotkey and the action performed. NOTE: You can't edit hotkeys for profiles that are in use!

7. Enter the title text of the application and press "Save Title Text". (Note: Title text is the application title bar text)

8. You can access more functions by selecting "Profiles Center". You can even export the hotkey lists to HTML Webpage!

Screenshots:

Profiles Center

Posted Image

Hotkeys Editor

Posted Image

Tray Menu with hotkey profile loaded

Posted Image

Settings

Posted Image

New Favorites Profiles Manager

Posted Image

Download: (EXE+AU3)

NOTE: Please help by creating your own Application Profile and submitting in this post. Example: Dreamweaver. Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Download Appkey 1.0 [test]

Download Appkey 1.0 [test] - Alternative site

Main download---> appkey1.zip

Edited by Mcky
My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

Please, comments or suggestions? I need motivation if I want to improve it. And submit your created profiles!

My website: (Lots of AutoIt compiled programs+GameMaker games)http://mcky.sitesled.comMy AutoIt projects:Mcky's CalEntry - Calendar schedulingMcky's Web Extractor - Web page links extractorMcky's Appkey- Powerful Hotkey-listing tool[quote]I wish I was never born. I am just a lonely soul in this world... :([/quote]

Actually, It can run in 800x600. I am suggesting 1024X768 as a minimum. Thanks for all the good comments guys. I will continue to improve it bit by bit.

Do you think it would be better to have an option to load your own preferred application profile hotkeys automatically at startup without loading it manually?

OK! Implemented new option to load your favorite profiles at startup!!!!!!! Enjoy!!

Option to activate it at the "Load Application Profile..." dialog box. New download link at first post.

Edited by Mcky

Do you think it would be better to have an option to load your own preferred application profile hotkeys automatically at startup without loading it manually?

Yes it will be useful, by the way use edit instead. We can always see what you said in edit.

135 views and only 4 replies? This is sad. Please, I need suggestions and bug reports. I invested a lot of my free time into this project :rolleyes:

AppKey is now updated. Some major improvements:

1024 Application profiles limit removed. Now supports Unlimited Application Profiles!

Delete Button in Profiles Center!

New setting: Ignore the application title when sending the hotkeys.

New Favorites Manager. Mark your favorites profile so you can load it some other time. Supports up to 8 Favorites!

Favorites Manager in action:

Posted Image

NOTE: To access favorites manager, select "Load Application Profile..." from the traymenu and follow the instructions from there.

Download link at first post. Please comment and report bugs. Thanks!

Edited by Mcky

How many people would have actually hit the 1024 limit?

Also, what you have are actually accelerators, not hotkeys. Hotkeys are system wide and can be pressed when any window is active. Just a name issue.

Other than that, it looks nice. I don't understand a screen size suggestion but it's not my program. I use accelerator keys often enough to memorize them, even the weird ones like "Ctrl+K then Ctrl+F" to format source in Visual Studio.