Outlook Express UDF - Folders and Messages

MisterBates

Attached a UDF for Outlook Express, and an accompanying script that cycles through all folders and all messages, writing one line per message (or per to/cc in each message) to a tab-delimited file.

I developed this as I'm changing my email provider and wanted to send a message letting people know to replace my old address with my new one. I considered sending a message to people in my address book, but the address book has many old addresses inside (addresses are added every time I send and never deleted), and as well did not have addresses for people I hadn't sent to. So I thought to process each message I have stored, extracting addresses directly from the messages. Once extracted, it's a simple job to cleanup/analyse using Excel.

BUT, OE does not have a published/supported API - so I had to develop a way to do this through the OE user interface.

The UDF/accompanying script should be used WITH CAUTION. It works by manipulating the OE interface, and worse, keeps OE "front and center" while working - so your PC will be tied up when using this UDF. Further, it is sensitive to the loading on the PC, and may need adjustment of the constants at top of the UDF in order to work properly on your PC.

Comments/feedback/enhancement suggestions much appreciated!

OE_UDF.au3

OEAddressExtract.au3

Thanks

This just might come in handy.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 2 years later...

Thank you very much for this information, can you solve the following problem:

1.It is necessary to open OE, preferably invisible to the user.

2.Recieve a letters( maybe many).

3.Then if you have the name of the recieve message "100000", then save the attached file 00001.mxl to C:\folder1 for use by another program, if not - close OE.

4.Then move the file from the Inbox to the Deleted Items folder and close OE.