_StringSplit?

I'm running production ver. 3.2.12.0..

Is there a reason that I'm just not grasping as to why there's both a StringSplit()[built-in function] and a _StringSplit() [uDF Function] that both do essentially the same thing?

• 10 months later...

In previous AutoIt-Versions, StringSplit returned a Counter in Array[0]. _StringSplit was designed to remove it.

In 3.3.0.0, there is a Parameter for StringSplit to remove the counter, so you don't need _StringSplit anymore.

(use StringSplit with Flag 2 instead ( or, if you want to use flag 1, too: Flag is 1+2 = 3)

//Edit: This thread is really old.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

In previous AutoIt-Versions, StringSplit returned a Counter in Array[0]. _StringSplit was designed to remove it.

In 3.3.0.0, there is a Parameter for StringSplit to remove the counter, so you don't need _StringSplit anymore.

(use StringSplit with Flag 2 instead ( or, if you want to use flag 1, too: Flag is 1+2 = 3)

//Edit: This thread is really old.

OK and will use. so I should not use the array2d.au3 since it had the _StringSplit? is there a updated version of array2d.aue? I know there is the standard array udf. Thanks one more time.

Dr SherlockAlways a way