What not to do

I know i haven't been a member her long but i see the same thing everyday when someone is describing a problem.

The problems i see everyday:

1. Malicious Intent

We are NOT going to help anyone with MALICIOUS intent. Examples:

1. "Cookie Grabbers"

2. Trojans

3. Copying a file to nearly every spot on a computer.

TOPICS LIKE THIS WILL ALWAYS BE LOCKED

2. NO CODE FOR US TO HELP YOU WITH

Not providing you own code. How are we to help you with YOUR program and supply you ALL of your code and then have you release the code as yours.

3. Saying make this for me

This is a help forum not a make this for me forum. For that try This

4. Flaming

Don't flame other members if the code THEY provided doesnt work!

5. Dont post useless topics like i do

EXample: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=562943

Im sure there are many others !

Edited by 2words4uready

Yea i hear ya though, would be nice if people were less.... oblivious to their actions. But it is what it is, and more often than not, it's better to just leave it be and forget about it. As hard as that is to do. =/

That's what I've found anyway. Takes some experience in the field I guess. I've been in many programming forums, and people don't like helping, they like contributing. They want to be a part of a project, they don't wanna fix your stuff for you. And if they do, then they are a genuinely nice person, like me. lol

Edited by Juppie7

Malicious Intent

1. "Cookie Grabbers"

2. Trojans

I made a searching/indexing script once, realised I could use it to make a content updater/multiple file importer. Forgot to remove one piece of code in it and ended up doing number 3. Fortunately for me, it was an easy task to reverse.

Edited by TheDarkEngineer

Trust me to make SkyNet with AutoIt...

Malicious Intent

1. "Cookie Grabbers"

2. Trojans

I made a searching/indexing script once, realised I could use it to make a content updater/multiple file importer. Forgot to remove one piece of code in it and ended up doing number 3. Fortunately for me, it was an easy task to reverse.

That had to suck :P

I was just lucky I wrote it so it saved the path of every file it created when it was looking. But its not as bad as a similer script that created folders within folders so I could test a deployment script.

I had something like this.

$i=0
Do
CreateFolder()
Until $i=20

Can you see what I had missed? I came back to it after about twenty minutes (had to go and do other non computer things) to find tens of thousands of empty folders (each folder had 5 folders). That windows couldn't delete. Was fun manully deleting empty folders (At the time I couldn't actually understand how my own script worked...)

• 3 weeks later...

I was just lucky I wrote it so it saved the path of every file it created when it was looking. But its not as bad as a similer script that created folders within folders so I could test a deployment script.

I had something like this.

$i=0
Do
CreateFolder()
Until $i=20

Can you see what I had missed? I came back to it after about twenty minutes (had to go and do other non computer things) to find tens of thousands of empty folders (each folder had 5 folders). That windows couldn't delete. Was fun manully deleting empty folders (At the time I couldn't actually understand how my own script worked...)

The statement would never become true because i will always = 0

Yeah I kinda wrote the script where CreateFolder() was about 50 lines of code. I just put CreateFolder() to keep the post size down. I know missed $i+=1 btw.

Nice one LongBowNZ

What not to do?

State the obvious:

The statement would never become true because i will always = 0