Account Control V 1.01 (Bugfix version)

Ashww

Account Control

Account Control was developed to replace Windows Vista's built in User Account Control!

Works with:

Windows Vista

Windows XP

If this works with anymore please let me know.

Why use Account Control over Windows Vista's Built in User Account Control?

Account Control remembers exactly what you decided. It also gives you a rough idea on whether to trust or not trust a process. After you have picked an option it will NEVER ask again.

Windows Vista' User account Control never remembers what you tell it! It will ask you every time you want to run a program even if you have run it before. Also it does not give you an unsure option.

Change log:

v1.01(Bugfix):

Bug Fixes:
*Replaced the code that prevented from running .exe version
*Hotkey bugs removed
*Script unresponsive after function bug fixed.

Updates:
*Added tray menu to replace hotkeys
*Added Exit script option

V1.0:

Bug Fixes:
*When Editor Panel is closed, it doesnt close the script.

Updates:
*Added Unsure Option, to search www.processlibrary.com
*Removed dropdown options, and replaced with buttons
*Removed Thank you message box, and replaced with tool tip
*Removed infomation messaage boxes and replaced with Infomation Panel

Beta version:

Original Script!

Many thanks to: Everybody that has helped me develop this.

Please download from the link below :

Account_Control_1.01.au3

Edited by Ashww

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Projects: Account Control Wii style gui Bingo Caller - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Want a website? Click here!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -I use my Blackberry Storm to browse the forum! Please be patient!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18 downloads and not 1 comment.

Is that good or bad news?

Did u find any bugs?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Projects: Account Control Wii style gui Bingo Caller - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Want a website? Click here!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -I use my Blackberry Storm to browse the forum! Please be patient!- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Great script! :)

I'm not a very big fan of Windows, mainly because of all of the processes it runs on startup. I used to go into task manager to end them all, but now I think I will be able to compile this and put it in the startup folder to end any processes I don't like.

Although this may not be the use it was originally intended for, I think it is a great script, and I haven't found any bugs yet. If I find any I will post them. :lmao:

P.S. I would advise adding #NoTrayIcon. The tray icon kind of gets annoying.

Also, set up a hotkey or something to come up with an editable list of trusted/untrusted processes.

Edited by pigeek

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Great script! :)

I'm not a very big fan of Windows, mainly because of all of the processes it runs on startup. I used to go into task manager to end them all, but now I think I will be able to compile this and put it in the startup folder to end any processes I don't like.

Although this may not be the use it was originally intended for, I think it is a great script, and I haven't found any bugs yet. If I find any I will post them. :think:

P.S. I would advise adding #NoTrayIcon. The tray icon kind of gets annoying.

Also, set up a hotkey or something to come up with an editable list of trusted/untrusted processes.

@pigeek

Thanks you for your support. I will be adding an editable list, i have allready started thiis, and im well on the way to finishing that.

The #Notrayicon, may be a bad idea, as i pland to be ablt ot right click it to open an "about" msg box, and the editable list will also be in there.

I think your idea to use this to customise windows is a great idea.

Keep checking back for updates.

P.S I also think i will be abdding a reqistration panel, so that i know hpow many people are using this. Also i think i will add an auto updater :lmao:

Cheers ashww

X)

I'm curious to know how it is "better" then the vista's one ?

Becasue vista one, asks you everytime even if you have trusted it before.

This on the other hand remembers your choice :)

Cheers

Ashww

X)

Would if I 'trust' explorer.exe, and I name a virus as explorer.exe, and it's still trusted? You need to do additional checking. And what do you do about if a process is not trusted, just close it? I add additional protection.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Maybe you should just not name a virus explorer.exe, even if you did, can you run two processes with the same name?

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Maybe you should just not name a virus explorer.exe, even if you did, can you run two processes with the same name?

Yes you can. This isnt a Anti-Virus!!!

This is just something i made to learn!

Cheers

Ashww

X)

Updated!

Now with an Editor Pannel!

G'day Ashww

Great program!

I used a program called "enditall" as part of my tool kit when I worked on a virus-ed computers to shut down all "strange" processes.

This program of yours with a few modifications should come in very useful for me. :-)

Just a few suggestions to extend it's usefulness.

When first started (And as an option later) allow the user to select different databases for that session.

IE DEFAULT, GAMES, Internet, etc

That way when for example "playing games" the user could exclude all the "cycle" wasting programs so that the games can play faster. But for normal use allow everything to stay running.

Of course at startup "default" should be chosen after a short delay if the user doesn't select anything.

When new programs are selected don't use a drop down list to select "trusted, etc" just have 3 buttons as it's much quicker.

When adding new programs get the command line for the new program and display it. It may not be usefull for the average user but it would help them to make a more informed decision.

(I just found http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=88214&st=0 and it may help with a method of getting the command line.)

Thanks for a great program

John Morrison

Edited by storme

Ashww,

When I compile to exe and running it, a message box post

*NOTE*

Account Control - Already running

I believe this is the code appear:

If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) >= 2 Then
    MsgBox(64, "* NOTE * ", "Account Control -  was already running  ", 5)
    Exit
EndIf

Let me know what's wrong here.

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

G'day Ashww

Just thought of somthing else that would imprrove your program and wouldn't take much to implement.

A button on the "add process dialogue" box to do a google search for the program name.

Would take "most" of the guess work out of the "trust/don't trust" decision.

OH and one small problem.

When F8 is pressed there is no way to "reduce to tray" for the edit window. I've turned it off a few times by accident.

Have found some pretty strange programs running at times. Defrag.exe started a moment ago but I didn't request a defrag and XP doesn't do auto defrags so I'm at a lose as to why it was run???

Good Luck

John Morrison

@nfaustin

this message mean that youve already run the script...

Cheers, FireFox.

But it was the first time I running the exe file after compiling it.

I have check the return value of UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) and its equal to 2 if script is in compiled exe, and equal to 0 if in .au3.

Then I just modify the code

from

If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) >= 2 Then

to

If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) > 2 Then

and now its working fine.

Any idea on this scenario guys?

Thanks

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]*** The information contained in this post should be considered and certified WORKS ON MY MACHINE ***[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"] [/size][/font]

@nfaustin

>= will make the code useless because its fore 1instance of the script...

This one is better :

If _Mutex(@ScriptName, 1) Then Exit MsgBox(48, 'Script', 'Script is already running!')
_Mutex(@ScriptName, 0)

Func _Mutex($sUnicName, $param)
    If $param = 1 Then
        Local Const $MUTEX_ALL_ACCESS = 0x1F0001
        Local $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "OpenMutex", _
                "int", $MUTEX_ALL_ACCESS, _
                "int", False, _
                "str", $sUnicName)
        Return $aRet[0]
    ElseIf $param <> 1 Then
        DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateMutex", _
                "int", 0, _
                "int", False, _
                "str", $sUnicName)
        Return 1
    EndIf
    Return 0
EndFunc  ;==>_Mutex

Cheers, FireFox.

@Everybody

Thank you for all of your help..

i will get on to doing some updates 2morrow....

I also have a idea myself... I plan to make it ignor windows processes. unless otherwise stated.

Also i would love to make more a computer protection programs... if anyone would be willing to join a programing team, PM me :)

Cheer

Ashww

X)

Updated

Please check first post

@nfaustin

this message mean that youve already run the script...

Cheers, FireFox.

Running it in EXE will post :

"Account Control - was already running "

Now I check the code on line If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) >= 2 Then is actually equal to 2.

The script is already running when the function ProcessList(@ScriptName) is callled. That is why this error pop up when running it in compiled script.

Because it detects itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :)