ObjCreate()

Don't yell please! I moved the topic over to ActiveX/COM because I felt it was more suitable...

$oMessenger = ObjCreate("Messenger.UIAutomation.1")
If Not IsObj($oMessenger) Then
    MsgBox(0,"Debug","Objection Creation Fail")
    Exit
Else
    $oMessenger.AddContact (0,"Test@test.com")
EndIf

4 Tests:

1.) Windows 7 (Build:7000) = Worked

2.) Windows 7 (Build: 7056) = Worked

3.) Windows XP Professional SP3 = FAIL

4.) Windows XP Professional SP3 = FAIL

Machines 1 & 3 had the EXACT same version of WLM and MsgPlus... (The latest)

Machines 2 & 4 had WLM 8.5 with the latest MsgPlus.

Any ideas? And by 'fail' I mean 'Objection Creation Fail' as I specified.

So I was looking at some other COM/Obj issues on the forum.. and decided maybe you guys could use a little 'insight' of what exact error for the COM I'm getting...

Number: 8007000E

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

What the heck does that mean? I've got plenty of RAM and HDD space alike, so I don't understand what this is talking about... I'm off to stare blankly at Google's over-populated, under related, pages for a while...

Wow... I found some new information...

WHAT IS HAPPENING

==================

unclosed objects will create a resource leak in memory, and as the times goes, more objects are not closed, and more memory resources are consumed until it reaches to the maximum. And guess what, the famous message will show up!

I'm going to do a restart, and see what my new error holds... :unsure:

No-go... Restart didn't fix... :P

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

Maybe if it helps... It wasn't even registering those Objects as being existent earlier... Well, they would work with 'ObjCreate()', but when I tried to use them, they would give an error saying something like, 'You can't use that object like that'... More or less saying I had the object name right, but the use wrong... Now it's not giving that error though, so that may not be relevant.

Is it possible for something to be inactive or disabled, causing this not to work properly?

I made a 'new' attempt today on Windows XP Pro SP3 inside a virtual machine... Same error as in first post... This is aggravating... :P

6th machine... My personal Dedicated Server, running Windows Server 2008... You guys know I love the Win7 Kernel... haha. It worked flawlessly... But I don't need that working either on the 3 Windows 7/2008 machines... :unsure:

I've read quit a bit about how Messenger was going to change when it moved to Vista... It's not like I'm asking for help on HOW to do it, because there seems to be sparse support for automating MSN here on the forums. I'm inquiring a COM/Object error... :D

CRAP! For some reason this SINGLE line of code locks my script up on my Windows Server 2008, it quit working... I tried creating a ONE line script that just does this...

Exit

The script hangs forever... >.<

C'mon guys... I could really use some help with this! 4 days, and only 1 idea? :D

No offense rodelio, I appreciate the suggestion...

Edited by BinaryBrother

Ok, let me clarify more clearly...

This code...

If Not IsObj($oMessenger) Then
    MsgBox(0,"Debug","Objection Creation Fail")
    Exit
Else
    $oMessenger.AddContact (0,"Test@test.com")
EndIf

Was working PERFECTLY on a Windows 2008 server with Windows Live Messenger and MsgPlus installed, now the 5 minutes later, that code is NOT working on the same machine with NO changes being made... The custom COM Error handler is catching this...

Number is: 80004005
Windescription is: Unspecified Error

:D

I knew I shouldn't have moved my post...

Edited by BinaryBrother

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also had this error, under a different circumstance.

In a nutshell: I was assigning a 1024k buffer to a dos utility.

This dos utility buffer is then being handled by an object in Autoit.

As soon as I decreased the 1024k buffer to half, the error went away.

So I think this has to do with the amount of results that your object has to deal with.

Sorry about the "not so technicaly clear" explanation but I'm still a novice in AutoIt.

I know it's frustrating to get blocked by something like this, that's why I decided to give my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.