Auto internet speed tester & Clip Catch(with Sceen Shot Helper)

JackDinn

JD's Auto Speed Tester

The links below are extremely out of date now, but i am using so many external files now that it's probably better to DL the proper installer although the script links below still gives you a good idea of what the script looks like.

Screen Shots :- Main window (just demo data)

Posted Image

Posted Image Averages window:-

Posted Image Some of the Settings :-

Download :-

Proper up to date Installer lives HERE

With this program you can set it to do regular internet speed tests in the background and it enables you to see at a glance what your speeds are doing over the course of the hour/day/week.

It will generate a CSV log file and can also create JPG`s of the graph.

The memory usage i have managed to get down to bellow 2MB whilst in "sleep" mode (in tray) so a very small footprint.

############################### If you want a look at one of the old scripts ###########################################

Previous DL's 72

speedtester_graph_13.0.au3

hope this works ok as the finished app is built with an installer now so not %100 sure if it will work with just this part of the script, although i have tried as best i can to make sure it does

if you want the config option "run on windows startup" to work you will need to compile to JDAutoSpeedTester.exe and put it into a folder called and located @ " C:\Program Files\JDast\JDAutoSpeedTester.exe "

there may be a problem with non-included UDF's iv used so ill provide them (hope i haven't forgotten any) im sure you know what to do with them ^_^:-

FTP_Ex.au3

ReduceMemory.au3

######################################################################################################

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

The contents of the standard Windows clipboard change as you use it to copy and paste various types of information. But your data isn't stored for a long time - when you turn off the computer or just copy another piece of information, the data is lost.

In most cases, that isn't a problem, but have you ever needed the text you copied 30 minutes or an hour ago? Maybe your computer is acting up and the program you are using hasn't saved the data, or maybe you copied some interesting information from a web page, but got distracted and forgot to paste it where you wanted? Or you may simply want to recall what you were doing on your computer a month or a year ago. There are many cases in which you might want to review your clipboard contents.

Well this is the solution!

At any moment, you can view the clipboard history, copy the necessary item back into the Windows clipboard or paste it into an application. All you have to do is press the "Ctrl+0", "crtl+shift+up cursor" or "crtl+shift+down cursor" key combination.

Add ability to hold open the edit window click "lock edit box" to be used as a quick edit area for quick note taking, editing clips before pasting, adding clips together etc.. & then when you click "unlock edit box" it will save this new edit to the captured list for use whenever u need.

also quick screen capture if you press "print screen" keyboard button the pic is saved along with any other pic's you may have copied/cut as a .jpg in the picture folder (be aware what the max pic folder size is set to as if its set to small the pic will be deleted when you copy/cut another pic).

What Can ClipCatch Do For Me?

• Save a lot of time, day by day
  • Enable quick access to recently copied data for reuse
  • Help find the data copied a day or a week ago.
  • Take & save quick screen shots.
  • Take very quick notes, add to , remove from etc.. & saved automatically (when "unlocking" the editbox (taking it out of note taking mode))
Screen Shots of ClipCatch :-

Posted Image

3 other Skins of the 26 included.

Posted Image Posted Image

And the most helpful bit, the quick clip box looks something like this (dependent on users skin & Transparency choice).

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD :-

Update 28/08/10 Now with skins & and an installer ! (p.s. Must add a thx to Valuater for his XSkin UDF contribution ;))

Clip Catch 4.3

############################### If you want a look at one of the old scripts ###########################################

update 06/06/09

Previous Number DL's 29

Clip_catch_3.8.au3

######################################################################################################

Default keys:-

• ctrl+0 ______________ (zero, not number pad) show/hide main windows.
  • ctrl+9_______________Quick note:- take a quick notes, mix clips. auto saved to the captured list
  • ctrl+8_______________Screen Shot with focus control (ver 3.3+) (main windows do NOT need to be open to do this)
  • ctrl+shift+up cursor ___ scroll backward through captured clips (main windows do NOT need to be open to do this, & clipboard will hold whatever clip was last displayed so you can directly Ctrl+V paste)
  • ctrl+shift+down _______scroll forward through captured clips (main windows do NOT need to be open to do this, & clipboard will hold whatever clip was last displayed so you can directly Ctrl+V paste)
  • ctrl+shift+right ________When you have a picture in the quick clip box this key combo will change it from pasting the path of the picture to the actual picture itself (like pasting into paint).
  • ctrl+shift+left _________When you have a picture in the quick clip box this key combo will change it from pasting the picture to the actual path to the picture.

26/05/09 ver 3.5

Have now added the ability for the user to set the hot keys they wish to use. Also improved the Freehand Screen shot section.

Again this does normally have an installer but im sure it will work ok. if you want the option "run on windows startup" to work you will need to compile JDClipCatch.exe and put it into a folder called and located @ " C:\Program Files\JDClipCatch\JDClipCatch.exe "

iv been scripting for a little while and i know my scripts are most probably pretty messy but any input from you guys is always appreciated :(

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

RE:- JDast.

since you have the script i can tell you that if you want to run a test more often than once an hour there was a built in way of doing this, just type in "jack" into the cycle mins input box. (this limit was requested by the think broadband peeps). Also if you find your own ftp or dl test files to use then that will also allow any frequency of test cycle.

of course you could always just wade through the code and change it, but its a bit easer if i tell you this info.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• 4 weeks later...

RE:- ClipCatch VER 3.4

added a handy screen shot ability ( ctrl + 8 )

This ability is only for Win XP. it has some odd effects in win7 & iv not even tested in Vista !

Screen Shots :-

when you first go into screen shot mode the green target area will be windows, text areas & controls. just put the green box around what you want to shoot and click mouse button. whilst in screen shot mode if you hold down the shift key you can then select the area you want to shoot by holding the mouse button down and dragging out the area you want, then when you let the mouse button back up it will take the shot, you can take as many individual "freehand" shots whilst you are still holding the shift down. to quite screen shot mode hit escape. this info is shown on screen when you are in screen shot mode.

btw i should say that when pictures are displayed in the edit box of clip catch this is only a representation, if you open the actual pic file (click on "open picture folder" ) you will find all the saved .jpg's are fine.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

Re :- ClipCatch Ver 3.5

added ability for user to set up his/her own hot keys.

i think iv just about finished on this project now, but any bugs, requests or suggestions are always welcome.

well i think it's up to the standard of the "Clip Diary" program that i used for many years but now he wants money for it so im quite happy with what iv built.

p.s.

any problems with multi monitor desktops (there might be) just let me know if you cant re-script it yourself im sure i can do a special one for you. (its fine on multi monitor if your extended monitor is on the left of the primary (this is how mine is set up ) but im not so sure if its on the right. )

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry i didnt respond yesterday but i didnt get any email notification ?? Just lucky i happened to be checking up on something :blink:

Do u think we can expand your ClipCatch to implement ClipDiary [clipdiary.com] completely ??

can you explain a bit more exactly what you mean ?

I built this app because i used to use clipdiary but then he started charging for it so i thought i could do a similar job myself so i did (kinda).

Cheers.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

what installer ?

Well when your scripts start using lots of external files in different locations you could either say to people, heres the main file and heres a load of other files that need to go in with it and can you please make a folder in "program files" called JDast and move them all into there & can you please make some new reg entries etc etc etc ....

or you can use an installer to install everything where you want it, set up .ini files & reg keys, set up the desktop & All Programs shortcuts , create an entry in the "add remove programs" list etc, and all contained within one Installer file.

There are quite a few Install package makers available, like Actual Installer or Smart Install Maker, they are really good apps, there has also been a couple made with AutoIt as well.

how does that work with the anti-virus ?

Well when the "Install File" is created it obviously contains all the files you need to run you script plus the complied script itself (and maybe many other separate scripts as well). Most install creators compress all this stuff using UPX (the same as AutoIt does when you compile) but unfortunately when you "hide" an .exe file inside another or even just having compressed with UPX can cause some AV programs to flag them as possible trojan's (well in a way they are trojan's, just not malicious ones). So whether i use the AutoIt command "FileInstall" to install all the files where i want them or use a dedicated installer builder I might get some false positives.

I found that using Actual Installer gave a slightly better result than Smart Install Maker which in turn gave a better result than using AutoIt to do the job.

heres some more info on the subject Are my AutoIt scripts Infected ?

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• 3 weeks later...

Ver 4.3 ClipCatch.

Iv got around to fixing the screen shot helper so it works properly on other than XP but on the other hand i have noticed that the skins are causing the bottom text (ver no. & clip no. selected) to become vertically truncated on vista & win7, this is because the sizing box around the windows are slightly fatter on Vista & win7.

I may fix it properly or just do a skin setting that just uses the OS's default windows skin, we shall see, its fine for me on XP (yes i do prefer XP ;)) and iv just been asked to do some work for Xilo so im not sure when i might get around to this.

Edited by JackDinn

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

• 1 year later...