Delete all files but one?

Is there an easy way to delete all files in a directory but one? What I'm trying to do is to perform a recursive file search for a directory containing a certain file then delete all files in that directory save for a file named "config.txt". The only way I can think of to do it is to copy config.txt into a temp folder, delete all files in the directory, then copy config.text BACK to the original directory and continue on with my script. It seems that there must be an easier way to do this but I'm simply ignorant of it.

Any ideas?

• Moderators

Is there an easy way to delete all files in a directory but one? What I'm trying to do is to perform a recursive file search for a directory containing a certain file then delete all files in that directory save for a file named "config.txt". The only way I can think of to do it is to copy config.txt into a temp folder, delete all files in the directory, then copy config.text BACK to the original directory and continue on with my script. It seems that there must be an easier way to do this but I'm simply ignorant of it.

Any ideas?

I certainly can't think of a faster way to do it than that.

If FileCopy(.., ...) Then
    If DirRemove(., 1) Then FileMove(...., ...., 8)
EndIf

Doesn't seem like much overhead to me.

Edited by SmOke_N
Changed second FileCopy() to FileMove() so you don't have to use FileDelete() ;)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

#Include <File.au3>
$dir = "your path here"

$DirArray = _FileListToArray($dir)

For $d = 1 To $DirArray[0]
    If $DirArray[$d] <> "config.txt" Then FileDelete($dir & "\" & $DirArray[$d])
Next

Edited by billthecreator

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif]My Scripts: From Most recent to least.[/font]Countdown GUI | QLOCK TWO | FlipClock | Slot Machine My UDF:_GenerateRandomNoRepeat | _GuiSnap