Multiple IE Sessions

Is there any way to create multiple sessions of IE in one gui with multiple IE objects? For example, if I were to run this code:

#include <ie.au3>
#include <guiconstants.au3>

Opt("GuiOnEventMode", 1)

$hGUI = GUICreate("Embedded IE", 1200, 400)

$oIE1 = _IECreateEmbedded()
$oIE2 = _IECreateEmbedded()

GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE1, 10, 10, 580, 340)
GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE2, 590, 10, 580, 340)

_IENavigate($oIE1, "http://www.gmail.com", 0)
_IENavigate($oIE2, "http://www.gmail.com", 0)

GUISetState()

While 1
    Sleep(20)
WEnd

And I attempted to sign into one account on the left embedded browser, and another on the right embedded browser, gmail will soon after notice and log me out of both.

Is there any way to create two different sessions that would allow me to log on to the same system without it knowing/no complaints? How about ten different sessions?

GMail doesn't care how many times you're logged into your account. I am logged into mine in about 2-3 locations constantly.

I'm not sure how you would manage to create two sessions. I would have thought two objects would do that, but apparently it doesn't at this point in time.

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

GMail doesn't care how many times you're logged into your account. I am logged into mine in about 2-3 locations constantly.

I'm not sure how you would manage to create two sessions. I would have thought two objects would do that, but apparently it doesn't at this point in time.

Jarvis

Yea I understand that, I do the same. However, the difference is that the sessions are at three different locations like you said, not three at one location, one IP, one computer. So if I can use different sessions, or anything like that, maybe it would let me. And by the way gmail is just an example, this is actually a project for my employer that will allow people to log on to the same system with 10 or more accounts at once, to increase productivity. I'll have a button for each account, and hide/show the appropriate embedded IE sessions based on the account logon button they click on. Much faster than having to look up each accounts username and password, instead this program would take a little time on startup while logging into each account once on each session and be done. Hope all that makes sense.

Sticky,

That all does make sense. I am also right now logged into my GMail twice in the same browser no issues. (Just throwing it out there). As to your company thing, why don't you just open 10 instances in IE using new tabs for each one? Also, if this is a company deal, then couldn't they tell you whether they allow more than one connection per account? If they do allow more than one connection per account, then I would say the issue lies somewhere on the AutoIt side not allowing multiple embedded objects to be independent of each other.

Regards,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

In reading this, I think you are asking for 2 instances of IE to be embedded in one GUI. I've tried it, but I have found it not to be stable. It gave me so many headaches that I gave up in trying to make it work. I think you would be better off using IE7 that has tab support. Have each instance of the email open on each tab.

The approach here IECreate2 Example of getting around some of the limitations of Embedded IE's http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index...._SetWindowLong&fromsearch=1&#entry712594 by zackrspv is pretty slick and I think will give you what you need

Dale

p.s. the above can be used to get two isolated browser instances... Volly's point is valid however... there are issues with multiple embedded COM controls in a GUI related to keyboard fucus... ticket is open for AutoIt but not resolved...

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

The approach here IECreate2 Example of getting around some of the limitations of Embedded IE's http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index...._SetWindowLong&fromsearch=1&#entry712594 by zackrspv is pretty slick and I think will give you what you need

Dale

p.s. the above can be used to get two isolated browser instances... Volly's point is valid however... there are issues with multiple embedded COM controls in a GUI related to keyboard fucus... ticket is open for AutoIt but not resolved...

Hallelujah! This is exactly what I needed, I would have never thought of attaching actual instances of IE into an autoit gui but worked like a charm. Thanks Dale! I also quickly made sure the instances were hide/showable, this way I can have as many instances as needed on top of eachother and just show the currently needed one. I'm so glad this was possible!

I noticed that I may have confused some with the multiple Gmail logins, what I was attempting to get across was logging into completely different accounts on the exact same site, not the same account on two different pages, but either way I got it going good!

Edited by Sticky

@Sticky

Glad you got it going so well!

@Dale

Always a great job!

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

External Links