Command Line Interaction

I've been searching the forum for a while now, but have not had any luck on a number of examples.

I'm trying to run a DOS-based application - which works fine, but I want the script to continue based on the result returned.

Have tried using RunWait() using STDOUT_CHILD and StdoutRead(), but this returns nothing, yet the command runs fine.

When running the same command with the good old "> output.txt" parameter, this works fine, however this does not work through RunWait() or ShellExecute() otherwise I would just interrogate the txt file at the end.

Any other suggestions? The applications I am trying to use are XenCenter's XE.EXE and Putty's PLINK.EXE.

Thanks in advance.

Of course redirecting the output to a text file works (>)

I guess you have been fooled (like myself) by the fact that the output file needs to have the path specified.

Took me 10 minutes to figure it ..

Here you go:

FileClose(FileOpen("C:\output.txt", 2))
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'dir c:\ > c:\output.txt', "", @SW_HIDE) 
ShellExecute("C:\output.txt")
Edited by enaiman

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Thanks for the response.. figured it out; do not use RunWait(), use Run() instead >_<

$ShellText = ''
$Shell = Run('file.exe',@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE,$STDOUT_CHILD)

While Not @Error
     $ShellText &= StdoutRead($Shell)
Wend

Msgbox(0,"Command Result",$ShellText)
Edited by Steve0

RunWait has it's uses and in most cases is safer to use.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]