Stop Scite Removing Tab Indentations

exactly as the title describes, when i save an au3 in scite 1.78 my tab indentations (which have no code on the same line) are removed. I like to keep these indents for structuring reasons. i'm positive this is a new thing which has been added and i just prefer the old way without scite removing my blank tab indents on save. how do i fix this?

That is a Jos question for he usually handles the SciTE stuff. I'm looking at the settings on mine to see what you can tweak to fix this. Give me a bit. It may be tomorrow before I can give you an answer.

Edit: can I get a screenshot of before and after so I can see just what it is doing?

Edited by Volly

• Developers

This default was added a while ago:

strip.trailing.spaces=1

If you do not want trailing whitespace (spaces or Tabs) removed than you can override this behaviour by specifying this in the SciTEUser.Properties:

strip.trailing.spaces=0

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

thanks for your help guys, strip.trailing.spaces=0 has done the trick. found it in "Options / Open Global Options File".

Posted Image

it is only a very small problem, but i have just grown familuar with this default over the years.

Edited by laffo16